Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Color*
Old 10-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Color*
Colour is correct man. This is the internet. Not Alabama.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:36 AM
Skeleton

Yes, colour is the correct spelling in the English language. Some variants of "American English" like to shorten it (among other words) for no rational reason that I've ever heard, largely due to the influence of Noah Webster (of the Merriam-Webster dictionary) who wanted to "simplify the language", which says a lot. Since the English language is the language of England, I tend to go with the Oxford spelling.

For reference, I played EQ from beta through VoA, with the occasional break when I got fed up with SoE/Verant or just didn't have time. This is the first time I've used any emulator, and I'm just running it on my local machine for purely solo play for the time being.

Also, light blue finally showed up. I played around with several classes and races and got a few to 10-12, then stuck with the Drakkin Enchanter for a while. Green target colours and target rings started showing up when she got to the mid teens and light blue in the early 20s, so I am guessing the algorithm that determines the colour is off by just a smidgen. I don't know enough about what determines the colour displayed to know if it's to do with the server or the client and I don't play on the Daybreak servers to be able to compare.
Last edited by GlassDeviant; 10-15-2018 at 04:48 AM..
Old 10-15-2018, 04:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassDeviant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, colour is the correct spelling in the English language. Some variants of "American English" like to shorten it (among other words) for no rational reason that I've ever heard, largely due to the influence of Noah Webster (of the Merriam-Webster dictionary) who wanted to "simplify the language", which says a lot. Since the English language is the language of England, I tend to go with the Oxford spelling.

For reference, I played EQ from beta through VoA, with the occasional break when I got fed up with SoE/Verant or just didn't have time. This is the first time I've used any emulator, and I'm just running it on my local machine for purely solo play for the time being.

Also, light blue finally showed up. I played around with several classes and races and got a few to 10-12, then stuck with the Drakkin Enchanter for a while. Green target colours and target rings started showing up when she got to the mid teens and light blue in the early 20s, so I am guessing the algorithm that determines the colour is off by just a smidgen. I don't know enough about what determines the colour displayed to know if it's to do with the server or the client and I don't play on the Daybreak servers to be able to compare.
I like this guy. Typing this while my ogre wizard is medding in the bazaar.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassDeviant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played around with several classes and races and got a few to 10-12, then stuck with the Drakkin Enchanter for a while.
?
Old 10-15-2018, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
?
He's not playing P1999; he's running his own stock EQ-EMU private server but posting on this forum for some unknown reason.

Danth
Old 10-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Regarding mobs conning green, if you are a tracking class the mobs will actually show up as dark and light green in the tracking window. Other than that, they just con green and have different con messages.
Closed Thread