Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 05:06 AM
Skeleton

Default West Commonlands missing

Using P99 (eqemu_installer_files.zip) and the RoF2 client, I am getting the message "Unable to load world: Everquest cannot find the zone file 'commoms' in the directory..." and I appear to be missing commons.s3d and commons_obj.s3d as compared to an Underfoot (with missing files added) client. Can I use the ones from the Underfoot folder? I notice some of the other files are slightly different, though I think it's only the text files where the details for crystals were added.

My Underfoot commons.s3d is 2,118,585 bytes and commons_obj.s3d is 2,775,232 bytes, if anyone can compare it to a working RoF2 that isn't missing these files.

I may be missing some Rivervale files too, as I couldn't click the PoK stone to Rivervale which was why I was going through the Commonlands in the first place, but it didn't generate an error like this one. Edit: Nope, Rivervale files present and accounted for and are the exact same number of bytes between my UF and RoF2 folders.
Last edited by GlassDeviant; 10-15-2018 at 05:09 AM..
Old 10-15-2018, 05:58 AM
Planar Protector

You're going to experience difficulties using anything other than the Titanium client for P99. Also, the EQEmu server install files are not P99 files. See the Getting Started Guide and the Project 1999 Guidebook for more info.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:06 AM
Skeleton

I DLed that eqemu_installer_files.zip file from github, and the server was named something with "PEQ" before I customized it, is that not the Project 1999 server?

Anyhow, I only run this locally for now and the guide I used for setup (which told me where to get that eqemu_installer_files.zip file) said to use anything from UF to RoF2, so I went with RoF2. I guess I will repost the question over at eqemu forums, as I am only interested in running my own server, whether or not I let anyone else on it.

Oh and I copied the files from the UF client and it seems to be working so far.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

That does not sound like the P99 server, mostly because as far as I know you can't get the P99 server. Sounds to me like you installed just the latest vanilla EQEMU server.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

You need the Everquest Titanium client. You can buy it from a gouger on ebay for like $200, or get the warez from the buccaneer cove.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Banned

I always use this guys files.. Works every time, just need a program to mount the files. Windows 10 has that option, or Daemon's tool.. Good Luck! Can confirm just used these files again to reinstall on my laptop.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion...have-the-disks
Old 10-15-2018, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

I bought my discs when I visited a bay recently on vacation. Though the guy who sold it to me wore a tricorn hat and was very weird and also he forgot to take my money. You might try a similar transaction.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Guys, GlassDeviant is either a troll or extremely confused; he doesn't need Titanium. As we learned in a different thread, he's set up his own EQ Emulator, but for some bizarre reason he's posting here, not understanding that P99 has nothing whatsoever to do with his own personal installation (other than the fact that it also uses EQ Emulator).

EDIT: Oh, he actually says as much in this thread too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassDeviant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyhow, I only run this locally for now and the guide I used for setup (which told me where to get that eqemu_installer_files.zip file) said to use anything from UF to RoF2, so I went with RoF2. I guess I will repost the question over at eqemu forums, as I am only interested in running my own server, whether or not I let anyone else on it.
GlassDeviant: This shouldn't be so hard to understand: your posts belong on the EQ Emulator forum, not here. This forum has nothing to do with private EQ Emulator installations (or any EQ Emulator installations except the Red an Blue P99 servers).

In all honesty, if you can't grasp the distinction between a piece of software and a server that runs that software, I'm not sure you have the necessary technical skills to setup your own EQ Emulator instance, just because it's a fairly technical process. But if you have any chance of learning, it's on EQ Emulator sites, not here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-15-2018 at 12:51 PM..
Old 10-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Skeleton

I worked in IT for 30+ years, I know the difference between a server and a server. As in...SQL Server is Microsoft's server software, which runs on whatever choice of server hardware you are able to run it on. That's the nature of the client/server architecture that the whole game is based on.

My only confusion was the difference between P99 and EQEmu, of which I am aware now. Much thanks to those who were helpful.
Last edited by GlassDeviant; 10-15-2018 at 03:04 PM..
Old 10-15-2018, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

SQL Server is a RDBMS.

(hope this helps)
Closed Thread