Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Which life is better - neckbeard or normie?
Neckbeard 4 12.50%
Normie 14 43.75%
Bush knocked down the towers 14 43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like society has successfully converted you into its tool. And remember the purpose of the state is to serve the ruling class. It's not that 40 hr a week job that makes anyone happy. It's all the things you a deprived of if you don't have that, that's what makes people depressed.

Which I guess could be justified if we actually needed most of the high-paid employees in the economy. But we don't. Most are useless at best. Or they are positions that serve to siphon off wealth from those that actually generate it.

We need to get to that point where your balancing your tendency to want to be a neckberd with your family obligations. Rather than spending most your time working for some wealth extraction operation or as a useless bureaucrat.
This is the kind of thinking that kept me where I was for a long time. The idea that I had figured it out and everyone else had it wrong, that I was only depressed and miserable because other people told me I should be, and that participating in society only meant I was signing away my life to line some capitalist's pockets so he could buy a third yacht.

In many ways I still think there's some truth there, but it's also nice to be a part of a real community of real life human beings. And to tell you the truth having a wife is nice, and the fact of the matter is women want nothing to do with you if you don't pledge allegiance to normie life.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NORMAL women want nothing to do with you if you don't pledge allegiance to normie life.
FTFY. Women are not a monolithic species.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:47 PM
Banned

I'd have to assume everybody reading this thread was in the same boat at some point.. I also went down a similar path after high school.. Skateboarding and smoking weed was my life. Thank god i had fantastic parents, i for sure woulda gone off the deep end if i followed my friends. Eventually i realized i enjoyed video games and undisturbed free time, more than i did parties. So eventually i stopped going out with friends. Opted for video games instead. And skateboarding when i did want to go hang out.. so video games saved me, but then it got carried away.. Didn't do anything but game, skateboarding was a thing of the past. I gained weight, and all those thoughts you mention, slowly filled my head, i felt like a piece of shit. Somehow friends getting laid on the weekends, and their drug use seemed like the right thing to do, and i was the one who had problems.. Then the need to become a "normie" hit me. Exercise became my vice. Healthy eating, and finding a girlfriend was my priority.. To this day, it was the correct path to take. And although i miss dungeon days of gaming, it's not healthy.. And if and when i feel the need to grind a serious game day? I take a day off work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I earned that day off work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Sorry, feel free to TLDR! Love ya'll!
Old 10-17-2018, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the kind of thinking that kept me where I was for a long time. The idea that I had figured it out and everyone else had it wrong, that I was only depressed and miserable because other people told me I should be, and that participating in society only meant I was signing away my life to line some capitalist's pockets so he could buy a third yacht.

In many ways I still think there's some truth there, but it's also nice to be a part of a real community of real life human beings. And to tell you the truth having a wife is nice, and the fact of the matter is women want nothing to do with you if you don't pledge allegiance to normie life.
not a communist but the ideas of it are extremely depressing. i think that's part of the hook, some people like feeling bummed out all the time. magnified by the improbability of it ever happening lol.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:

Reading this post has helped me realize how women are largely responsible for this brand of mega capitalism that exists in America.

Look -- working for Negan is better than getting your brains bashed in or spending your life running from the saviors. That doesn't mean Negan isn't an asshole that set up and entire system for his own benefit.

People a rough time with this one. It's like if something is benefiting them personally -- then it couldn't possibly be all bad could it? Well, yes. Yes it could still be a bad thing. Even if its your best option in life.

All I'm saying is you can criticize capitalism for what its doing to you and other people -- and still play the game so you can do the best you can for yourself.*

You can raid dragons on p99 and think the stupid race-up poop sock system is retarded and say so on the forums.

But unfortunately, people tend to take the bait and use whatever they can as an opportunity to feel superior to others.

*At least we used to be able to. I'm not as sure now that we have big companies tacking all your browing history and comments and creating little profiles on everyone.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:54 PM
Banned

Thanks for the update! Nice to see you!
Old 10-17-2018, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Being utterly dependent on others for housing, food, nurturing, your internet is not freedom.

What did you really have?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-17-2018, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTFY. Women are not a monolithic species.
I like women with dicks
Old 10-17-2018, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like women with dicks
Classic Dino.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:21 PM
Banned

Vegan Pho > beef > chicken.
Closed Thread