Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Wouldn’t a better mod help you “land” a mezz better... yes the duration is the same.. but for example the shrooms in seb have a high MR.. wouldn’t a higher mod help with landing on them? Not trying to get in an argument .. it’s a true question.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonekb05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn’t a better mod help you “land” a mezz better... yes the duration is the same.. but for example the shrooms in seb have a high MR.. wouldn’t a higher mod help with landing on them? Not trying to get in an argument .. it’s a true question.
Great question, until stated as official for p99 I'm not convinced 100% ether way, or if it's only for specific songs ( which are my thoughts ).

Current offer 10 plat.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong. It is a shame you wasted that much time getting a bard to 60 and still have no idea how bards work - Specifically -> how instrument modifiers work. You clearly don't know what your songs do and that's really embarrassing.
Sure.. This does nothing for invis obviously. Lets just get that out of the open. Invis isnt the only wind song. Go learn what your songs before you spew nonsense please.
And if you're using an instrument for the trivial stat difference and not the modifier you should try an easier class. Rogues are pretty simply. Give it a try
So which songs does it affect in which ways and in what situations are those effects useful?
Old 07-17-2018, 04:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonekb05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One example from personal experience - Locking down with Mez 5-6 shrooms without resists. Certain wind songs, some charms/mez have a MR debuff modifier which does increase depending on the instrument you use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great question, until stated as official for p99 I'm not convinced 100% ether way, or if it's only for specific songs ( which are my thoughts ).

Current offer 10 plat.
No one is saying anything about duration. Stop trying so hard to prove you're not a bard who has no idea what hes talking about.
Pointing out the obvious is a waste of time and you should give yourself a break.
No one says you levi higher or invis more.. or whatever the hell you were ranting about.
Stop crying for attention on a WTS post. If you can't afford a bis instrument then maybe you should take that 10 plat and buy yourself a lambent stone for your much needed upgrades.
Straight up bush league bard.
Last edited by Kairun; 07-17-2018 at 04:42 PM..
Old 07-17-2018, 04:43 PM
Banned

i thought we decided last time it improves the MR debuff by 3
Old 07-17-2018, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Current offer 10 plat.
Should be easy to test in a duel I would think. Song of Twiilight should* have a MR mod too even though the wiki doesn't list it.

*Assuming it wasn't added during Luclin, old data says it had -16 MR at 60 until 2004. Someone should test it.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One example from personal experience - Locking down with Mez 5-6 shrooms without resists. Certain wind songs, some charms/mez have a MR debuff modifier which does increase depending on the instrument you use.

No one is saying anything about duration. Stop trying so hard to prove you're not a bard who has no idea what hes talking about.
Pointing out the obvious is a waste of time and you should give yourself a break.
No one says you levi higher or invis more.. or whatever the hell you were ranting about.
Stop crying for attention on a WTS post. If you can't afford a bis instrument then maybe you should take that 10 plat and buy yourself a lambent stone for your much needed upgrades.
Straight up bush league bard.

Yup not too long until im best in slot in every slot and have played as my bard for many years, I must be a total noob man. Who are you again?

You are correct the negative resist magic would be beneficial, which is the most marginal and practically useless portion of the song as a couple points of neg RM will do nothing. King is easily done without a wind instrument or an epic for that matter, and my god I feel sorry for you if that is the pinnacle of what a hard camp / content is for you. So quit trying to rip people off with this craptastic instrument or get called out for it.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Banned

OP out of curiosity, if it is BiS and has that much utility, why are you selling it?
Old 07-18-2018, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, the last thread with this, I even did all the math crunching with lvl 60, how much MR debuff does on mez, and how much a """""BIS"""" flute with w.e 2.5 or something mod does vs like a store bought / 10p ~1.8 mod flute. And it comes out to a whopping 3-5 MR more debuff with this. If you get the PoS flute (for free) the difference is like 1 MR debuff.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, the last thread with this, I even did all the math crunching with lvl 60, how much MR debuff does on mez, and how much a """""BIS"""" flute with w.e 2.5 or something mod does vs like a store bought / 10p ~1.8 mod flute. And it comes out to a whopping 3-5 MR more debuff with this. If you get the PoS flute (for free) the difference is like 1 MR debuff.
I think it should* be a -5MR difference between Sky flute/Unicorn Horn and this flute and -12 difference between vendor flute and this flute if Song of Twilight has a base of -16MR on P99.

Also Unicorn Horn > Sky Flute because it's like 100pp and doesn't require you ever going to the terrible Plane of Sky and it's the same mod even though it's secondary only. Plus Unicorn Horn is a bad ass light source.
Closed Thread