Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Orc

Default Necros on Raids

I'm just now getting to where I'm of level to go on raids but I'm still trying to figure out my function there other than just pumping mana to the clerics.

Could any other necros give me some tips on what hot keys I need to set up and what spells I should use when participating in a raid? I know all raids are different but if anyone has some general tips on what my spell list and hot keys should look like I'd be very much appreciative. I'm currently level 55 but feel free to include higher level spells as I'm still working on gaining levels.

If there are any must have items feel free to include that. My gear is currently garbage but I'm always looking to expand that as well.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Bomb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just now getting to where I'm of level to go on raids but I'm still trying to figure out my function there other than just pumping mana to the clerics.
Not a Necro so I can't answer this properly, but I will say that being "a mana battery" for Clerics is a key part of being a Necro on raids.

Another important (if rare) role is raid saver: when everyone dies before a Cleric can get camped out, a Necro who survives with feign death can save the entire raid by using an essence emerald to resurrect one of the clerics (who can then click everyone else).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-20-2017 at 04:44 PM..
Old 11-20-2017, 04:47 PM
Orc

Currently sitting at the AC to try to get a stack of EEs as we speak. Hopefully I'll be able to get some new spells as well. Missing a few for 55 (Skin of the Shadow and Levant specifically)
Old 11-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Forget my answer, read what Daldaen said again.
Last edited by Zemus; 11-20-2017 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: outdone
Old 11-20-2017, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

DoT's on high HP mobs = very good mana/damage
Old 11-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Daldaen just made a (really good) post without any mention of Agnarr or Luclin: he's back folks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add in Emissary of Thule pet with Haste if you can control him.
The bold part is key. Pet classes that don't watch their pet like a hawk (and as a Shaman I'm embarrassed to say this used to include me) can wipe an entire raid. I'm not saying you shouldn't use a pet, but if you have any doubts wait until you're certain: the extra DPS just isn't worth having an unwatched pet agro a mob before everyone is ready (or do some other stupid thing).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Raiding is cancer.

Make a short wish list and a time frame; get out before it's too late.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really is a shame though. It's a great class. It took until Luclin and eventually GoD / OoW to fully flesh them out. With focus effects to enhance the damage, cost, speed and duration of DoTs (Burning Affliction, Affliction Efficiency, Affliction Haste and Timeburn), plus new spells like Funeral Pyre to further extend the number of DoTs you could roll. Plus Luclin mobs weren't so ridiculously resistant after the great Resist patch. PoP had minimal gains for necros honestly, just the good Blood of Thule DoT.
Yeah, I'm currently playing a Necro on Takp, really liking it so far. Never had played one much before.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:06 PM
Orc

Thanks for the tips guys. Putting together a tentative spell and wish list. What are the velious robe and staff called? Guess I need a shiny brass idol for extra da on top of harm shield.

Edit: and no I’m not planning to join A/A. I’m sure they enjoy it and all but I have things other than eq I like to do.
Like table top rpgs and PS4 rpgs. I lead such a rich life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by A_Bomb; 11-20-2017 at 10:31 PM..
Old 11-20-2017, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

heard a guy pronounce it Knee-crow mancer on voice chat once during a raid. Man that was so funny
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread