Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Default The Death of Red 99's Circle Jerk- Classic Details Inside

Rise of Zek- 6/29/18- 8 PM EST launch.
I am not a developer/owner of this project, just a supporter of LinuXY's work.

-Classic Code/Database consisting of 6+ months of development.
-Classic Resist System.
-Rallos Zek ruleset (+/- 4 levels)
-1 inventory item loot of your choosing + coin.
-Anti plug mechanics.
-Weekly level brackets to discourage neckbearding basement dwellers and to encourage irl money makers to succeed in Norrath.
-Functional PvP leaderboard, with in game seasons (top PvPers will be honored in game via statues.)
-Anti Immy System. Casting buffs/heals/songs on OOR individuals will temporarily flag you for no range PvP.
-GM commands linked to Discord live stream.
-2x Red99 XP rate.
-2 Boxing Limit (You can finally retire your VPN bros.)

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/AP8Q7dm

TLDR: Come be YT'd on 6/29/18- Rise of Zek.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

brackets, 6 month seasons, soulbinders, not thx
Old 06-06-2018, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
brackets, 6 month seasons, soulbinders, not thx
I think you misread a spot. It's been in development for 6 months. Here's a quote from his original post on eqemu forums.

"Classic era will last for around a year before Kunark is released."

As for soulbinders, if that is a deal breaker for ya, I don't know what to say [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-06-2018, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_rustler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might be time to dust off the old client to give this a go.
Best news I've heard all day.

Go cry on their forum how Tune ruined your life.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:39 PM
Kobold

I just feel like this server doesn't offer really anything new or exciting to make people leave red99. We all played classic, yikes playing it for a YEAR. We played kunark for like 3 years. We're now permalocked in velious.
Progression is NEEDED to keep people entertained. Throw up a PoP progression pvp server and it would grab far more people than another classic server replicating what we did for years already.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platexchange [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just feel like this server doesn't offer really anything new or exciting to make people leave red99. We all played classic, yikes playing it for a YEAR. We played kunark for like 3 years. We're now permalocked in velious.
Progression is NEEDED to keep people entertained. Throw up a PoP progression pvp server and it would grab far more people than another classic server replicating what we did for years already.
As much as I personally enjoyed Luclin/PoP I think the general population would disagree with you. A lot of people feel the kitties on the moon destroyed the game, for forever.

You also gotta take into consideration things like you would need to enable Luclin models if you want to use horses or to accurately see a lot of the game. 95% of people will refuse to put on new models, with good reason.

With that being said, if there was a general vote, after Velious progressed, I'm sure the developers would be willing to consider further development. Starting in Luclin/PoP wouldn't be ideal, though, as people would be incredibly spread thin over 4-5 expansions worth of content, causing a blue ghost town.

Love you Shody <3
Old 06-06-2018, 08:51 PM
Sarnak

@riseofzek look for it

Backup, Human Druid of the Jaggedpine Treefolk. Defender of Bears. Servant of the secret order of <Charles Bronson>.

Rhuobhe, Human Cleric of the Dismal Rage. Wielder of the sacred Aegis of Life. Semi-retired veteran.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Who is tune
Old 06-07-2018, 04:03 AM
Orc

The toon Tune was banned a long time ago. Along with at least 8 other accounts belonging to the same person. That person is the guild leader of Apex. He claims to not be a cheater. Only the GMs belive him.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune_rustler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the stalker post tune alterego account. It must be rough having to defend yourself using one of your various alternate personalities.

p.s. no one in this thread metioned your name till you came in...reflect on that.
As I have been on voice chat with others on R99, have a youtube channel with P99 vids, you fail (again) to realize how dumb you sound.

I am not Tune.
Closed Thread