[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

♪♫♬ Fish fish wine, you make me feel so fine
You keep me xp'ing all of the time
Fish fish wine, you make me feel so grand
I feel a million plat when you're just in my hand ♪♫♬
Old 07-18-2019, 05:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sororos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty new to EQ but I recently rolled an Erudite magician who worships Prexus (just because the deities are cool but because Quellious seems pretty bland). Because lore-related stuff and some level of roleplay is a thing I'm a big fan of, does anyone have any info related to Prexus and Prexus worship to share for a newbie?

Never trust an erudite who rolls Quellious!

Prexus is the best diety in Norrath. Few seem to worship him, but all know who he is, and most characters feel his wrath at some point or another during their leveling journey. All my characters (whether the game "allows" or not) worship Prexus openly and I meet many others who are aware that he is the real power in Norrath.

For a roleplayer Prexus is a top notch choice. Several of the most common dieties (CT, Inny, Tunare) are routinely killed by players. Many of the other gods have no wrath whatsoever and have very little influence on the life of the average player. Prexus, on the other hand, lords over the sea, and anyone who does not take his power into account will quickly drown or be killed by those that are under his control. They may even fall off a boat if they have angered him.

The ocean is not only a sword for Prexus, it is also his shield--preventing any other players or gods from challenging him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In most lore, Prexus is depicted as a powerful merman with a sharp fin running across the top of his head. He often wields a jagged shield in his left hand and a thick dagger in his right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mermanfirst.jpg (89.1 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by Expediency; 07-18-2019 at 05:15 PM..
Old 07-18-2019, 05:57 PM
Banned

/\

The people who tell you deities have no purpose in the game is because they are not playing EQ anymore. They do have a purpose, it is not laid out with some game mechanic right there for them to min/max, like faction or purchased in the tunnel. It is something that you the player partake in and bring to life.

Even Agnostic has a place if you can play it well. Some of us have no time for the RPG in MMORPG (as it means numbers and statistics only to them) and a system to break.

Quote:
Agnostic

a player who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of Min/Max or of anything beyond the realm of Norrath
Old 07-18-2019, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

I've never seen a good agnostic RP in game. Would be interesting.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Best thread
Old 07-18-2019, 06:47 PM
Banned

Most if not all of the raiders here on P99 use GINA - Gimagukk's Incantatory Notation Apparatus which I consider to be of gnomish tinkering origins.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:21 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never seen a good agnostic RP in game. Would be interesting.
I've been imagining agnostic just means that a person doesn't commit himself to one god and isn't especially interested in them besides typical propitiation rites (public festivals in honor of a racial patron god, etc.) rather than an actual lack of belief. Hard to not believe in the gods when you can visit them on the planes.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sororos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been imagining agnostic just means that a person doesn't commit himself to one god and isn't especially interested in them besides typical propitiation rites (public festivals in honor of a racial patron god, etc.) rather than an actual lack of belief. Hard to not believe in the gods when you can visit them on the planes.
Yeah. How would that play out in RP though? I've always thought of agnostic players as being boring anti-RP types. It would be nice to meet an agnostic RPer, to shatter my preconceived notions.

My chars all worship deities. May the love of Zek light your path.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

I always pick Bristlebane when given the opportunity. I never really thought much about why? I guess 13 year old me liked the fact that he seemed focused on 'fun' but now that I'm older and I really think about it, maybe Bristlebane is just a giant douche?

I need to think on this...

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-18-2019, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Ace thread. Check out my magelo if you love Prexuz.

All hail the Deepwater Knights!

Magelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest
Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Last edited by Achromatic; 07-18-2019 at 09:33 PM..
Closed Thread