Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-15-2019, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Bump, these things to keep in mind especially:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do remember getting easy double bolts in classic when firing down at aviaks from up above at KFC in South Karana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a mage a good bit on live. Here's what I remember

Originally bolts didn't even require a target. You could face a direction, and cast. From what I recall it would even hit npcs that moved in its path, thus creating aggro that wasn't your original intent. Also, if it was chasing an npc target, if one got in its path, it would hit it and never reach your intended target.

I remember the Z axis double nuke as well. If levitating, and very close to the target, it would sometimes hit twice.
And a couple other classic properties about bolts:

1.) You didn't have to wait for the first one to land before casting another spell
2.) If the target moved verrrry far away, the bolt would fail and you would still lose mana for casting it

Also, if anyone has any code knowledge that would help the devs fix the broken bolt graphics on p99, that would be super great. They used to look awesome and that was a lot of the fun in using them.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

support for visual effect of bolts being more pronounced.

Posted 2002 by Trieralaer on this page

http://web.archive.org/web/200409140...?Id=222&Page=4

"I am concerned. The FLAME BOLT(8th?) spell no longer appears as visually dynamic as previous to Luclin expansion. At one time it was a BOLT of FiRE THROUGH THE SKY to the target. Now, its a fuzzy halo around the target. I hope this a bug they are going to fix. It was one of the most pleasing spells to cast, expecially at night when it lit up the area it passed through. Felt liek a mage when using it. Is there any updated information as to lack luster change being returned to its 'visually dynamic self'?"

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 08-16-2019 at 02:09 AM..
Old 08-18-2019, 05:39 AM
Kobold

No evidence, but back in the day I did a couple levels on the cargo clockwork using double bolts. Directly across from him if you stood on top of the tree it would be 100%. Maybe could be used to calculate how it happened