Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think if the Windows were adjusted smaller, you would have 3-4 more guilds willing to park and compete, which would make zones like NToV a total shit show.

It's enough of a shit show with only 2 guilds going after mobs. It's constant petitionquest/lawyerquest.
Does this mean "If we improve the game too much, more people will want to play the game"?
Old 07-30-2019, 12:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, you put it in RnF where it was destined to end up.

Join date less than a year old and you don't understand how the server ended up this way. You don't say...

The problem isn't spawn windows. The problem is some people get their kicks from feeling superior when they deny other people the opportunity at something. That's what makes their endorphins flow. The spawn windows was a "hey, stop it" from the admins to try to give other people a shot at something.

Back in the kunark days there was a guild that was so on top of things no one else had the opportunity to try a boss mob to learn techniques. IIRC, the idea was to make the spawn window so long no one would sit through it all. Unfortunately some neckbeards are so thick they will sit through a large minority of their day waiting for an imaginary dragon to spawn and hit the batphone. The idea of dropping spawn windows has come up several time throughout the years, the answer from the top is generally something like: you guys(and girls) treat another like animals. You've proven time and again you won't change. Spawn Windows are staying. Same for decreasing window duration.

On top of this, can you imagine how hard some people would have this server on lockdown if they knew the exact second a bossmob was going to spawn? They could be in, kill it, and log off before anyone knew they were there. How does anyone have a chance if they have to actively track for days to find when something spawn? It's pretty tough keeping track of spawn windows as it is. Doing it the other way would be worse. No thank you.
Since you've been here a long time, whats the verdict? Because looking at this objectively, we still have multiple people from multiple guilds spending 8-24 hours (per mob) spamming tracking/pet tracking macros to make sure we have a chance to kill internet dragons. And every week I come to RnF and people are being animals to each other. So what I'm seeing is everything is still the same, we just have longer spawn windows. In your opinion has it changed for the better with these oppressive windows?
Old 07-30-2019, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does this mean "If we improve the game too much, more people will want to play the game"?
It's possible that if we improve the game too much, we lose what made the game magic in the first place. <3 u Tala
Old 07-30-2019, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

If we are going to do full on rotations (which I don't want), we may as well instance raid zones (which I also don't want).
Old 07-30-2019, 12:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ha, my thoughts exactly when I read that... so we want p99 raiding to be structured so that is fun/optimal for a smaller amount of guilds (and people) than to try to work towards making it better for more people. Seems like an odd philosophy to take up but oh well.

The MAIN and really only benefit I see to such looooong windows is that it does include non-US based players more. If windows were short they'd probably preference US times most and less windows would work their way around to non-US day times.

Anyways, no one is presenting any convincing arguments yet in this thread, so my opinion is still pretty firm on shorter windows = better for the server.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we are going to do full on rotations (which I don't want), we may as well instance raid zones (which I also don't want).
I don't want to rotations or instance, which is why my proposal is shorter windows, not a rotation. Competition is an important component to p99 and if we more or less lost that a good portion of the server would lose their desire to play.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

Neckbeards win more eq pixels and that's just never going to change. Any rule to make the game easier on casuals makes the game easier on neckbeards.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 07-30-2019, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonesler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And like I said, it wouldn't be feasible for one guild to dominate all targets given the amount of time it takes to down ToV targets. FTE locks would prohibit this.
there in lies the problem, the top guild wants to be able to dominate all targets. You saw how upset AM got because AG killed doubles and triplets when AM and Riot were fighting for aary and gettin trained, etc. They didn't like that very much. It wont be long before AM is asking Riot for another 2 way rotation like they had with AW so that they can stop the 3rd party guilds from getting anything.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

they dont care if they get to kill several juicy targets in a shorter time and enjoy more off time. They don't need off time they have no life. They would much rather have longer drawn out windows that are spread out over 4 days tbh. Their guild mantra since inception has been to "deny others pixels" its never about having fun for them or being more efficient, and that isnt likely to change before they are gone.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:14 PM
Aviak

I hope it's clear that my proposal is not being dictated by AM's values... if anything (as stated) my proposal flies the face of their values a bit. And I'm quite okay with that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For anyone on here saying this would "disrupt" the neckbeards and their heart's desires... I'm also not using their desires as my guidepost here.