Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 10:57 AM
Orc

97% of tinkerers say it's due to climate change so the gnomes have suggested a 40% tax hike for Erudin. All other regions are unaffected.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Filthy erudites have ruined their homeland. They’ll not ruin mine!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 08-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Should be buying your food in Rivervale
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 08-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure its because prexus worshippers (aka most studies) believe fish are sacred. Therefore they don't vie them as something to eat. That would be blasphemous and bring great shame to The Ocean Lord.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-10-2019, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Most erudites* not studies

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be silly imo if Prexus ppl were like "don't kill the fish!!"

bc they're supposed to be fisherpeople and sailor and w/e
Well, it makes a kind of logical consistent sense, in the world of Norath.

I mean, obviously IRL any culture of people that evolved next to the ocean is going to depend on fish from that ocean to survive, and their religious beliefs would have evolved around that, so they never would have gods that tell them not to eat fish ...

... but IRL also wouldn't have dragons ... or actual gods that interact with the world for that matter.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean, obviously IRL any culture of people that evolved next to the ocean is going to depend on fish from that ocean to survive, and their religious beliefs would have evolved around that, so they never would have gods that tell them not to eat fish ...

... but IRL also wouldn't have dragons ... or actual gods that interact with the world for that matter.
Mighty presumptuous of you to say irl doesn't have a real God interacting with us every day.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 08-10-2019, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mighty presumptuous of you to say irl doesn't have a real God interacting with us every day.
Rather then get into a religious debate, let's just say my definition of "interacting" means making something happen that wouldn't otherwise happen according to the laws of physics. Norath's gods can definitely do that (hell, even non-God casters can do that in Norath).

Real world god(s) can't, or at lest haven't had any documentation of such for thousands of years.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Mighty presumptuous of you to say irl doesn't have a real dragons interacting with us every day.

also how does it make logical sense in norrath? i'm not following here. in the description of prexus is says fisherpeople worship him. i went my entire life thinking erudite's loved fish and now i'm being told otherwise. it's left me quite shaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mighty presumptuous of you to say irl doesn't have a real dragons interacting with us every day.

also how does it make logical sense in norrath? i'm not following here. in the description of prexus is says fisherpeople worship him. i went my entire life thinking erudite's loved fish and now i'm being told otherwise. it's left me quite shaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fishermen are just chumps with no religious training asking Prexus (who they know to be the great god of fish ... and that's about where their religious education ends) "hey can you please have some fish bite today?"

The Erudites are members of a religion which venerates the fish god. They know how to make their diety happy, and it involves not eating his fishy creations [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Closed Thread