Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Big if true

(Not)
Aftermath and Aegis will be teaming up for Statue today afaik.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao remember how riot was all about raiding with the server and all about always inviting all the bigger casual guilds to the raids in tov in defiance of aftermath? That sure last long. Guess it was about the loot afterall.
Many if not of the raiders from those team ups ended up apping to Riot.

To the other point of this meta requiring 100+ player raid forces, that is not true. The stand back and wait to leap frog strategy AM perfected is the reason you need enough to engage with enough guards up to not be leap frogged. These bosses can all still mostly be killed with close to zone in pull numbers with proper strategy.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

^^

I think half of CSG joined Riot.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:28 AM
Aviak

Aegis members now:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2019, 11:32 AM
Aviak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
Old 08-14-2019, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjohns [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aegis members now:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got a lot of love for some of the members BUUUUT this can be applied to <Riot> now.

Hopefully they lessen their stranglehold on all raid mobs soon. We shall see.

<Gravity>
Old 08-14-2019, 12:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^

I think half of CSG joined Riot.
There's a lot of people from Core, PS and CSG in there yes.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

If you've been on this server or paid attention for many years, it's funny to watch the transgression of the guilds and the server.

From when I've joined the server -> TMO were at the top and IB had come back from a "break."Everyone hated TMO and called them selfish. TMO had a mass ban and lost pretty much half it's accounts. IB merged and started to take mobs under Rampage. Everyone hated Rampage, including ex-TMO now in Forsaken. Rampage destroyed all content and then leadership left the server for whatever reason(open to dispute). Aftermath and Awakened stepped up and it was a battle between the two which everyone else hated. The process is now repeating again.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

I'm sure I've fucked up the timeline somewhere but the point being, casuals become raiders and raiders become casuals again. Rinse and repeat.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:51 PM
Orc

HyjalToday at 8:59 AM
@here I want to thank everyone for their support of the Lord BoB system over the past 2 years. We have had some great kills as an open raid force. Killing Jorlleag, Cazic Thule, Telkorenar, Lendenaria the Keeper, Vindi countless times, Velketor, and much more that I am probably missing. Smokinon and Crashking will be taking over the Everquest side of the channel from here on out. I also want to thank my Aegis friends for trusting me to work out the best deal with Aftermath. I was able to secure ToV (minus dubs/trips/doz) CT and AoW, even though they made me pull my hair out at the end (they probably felt the same, lol). I truly believe teaming with them will help you guys rise to the top. WoW classic will bring new adventures for folks in the channel and I hope to see some folks join us on the Fairbanks server with the August 26th release. See you guys there.