Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

<Two Guards One Guild>
Old 08-16-2019, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps he forgot to train Feign Death at the monk GM.

One of our monks only found out about Double Attack when he hit 60. That was a nice DPS boost for him.
I had a feeling Beef's DPS was lacking.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

LIES lol
Old 08-16-2019, 07:16 PM
Sarnak

Former AG here. Have some insight.

The group of people who wanted the merger have mostly left AG. The majority of the guild wanted to absorb BG because, in their minds, it was fresh stock to fill the key roles they didn’t want to do (track, race, etc) and because they had a strong, emotional attachment to the name.

BG wanted a merger, not an absorption, because they felt like an absorption would dissolve the community they had built together. Unfortunately for them, at the time they needed AG more than AG needed them, so neither guild could agree.

Cut to present day: the majority of the seasoned raiders that were the back bone of AG got burnt out then frustrated with the guild and left for greener pastures. AG is officially at a BG level status of raiding (the officers saw this coming months out), but still value their culture and community over their raid ability. On top of BG’s GM focusing more on school and backing off from P99, BG is no longer getting carried by AG when they team up and are having discussions on whether or not a merger/absorption is viable.

With all that being said, if they decide to merge and don’t go with the name Guard Guard, I’m going to lose my shit for throwing away such potential.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did Blood Guard originally form out of Azure Guard?
Essentially Manasana was an active officer of AG when there was no guild leader and stuff was done by officer committee. He wanted to be voted in as guild leader. Officers said no, he left and helped form Blood Guard. As far as i know he was the only AG that left at that time so i wouldnt really count that as a splinter.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

AeGis your name is already in the alliance! Join the alliance, keep your Guild tag, status and culture. Slay dragons with us.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Kittens Aftermeth>
rofl