Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-22-2023, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

sorry you dont got burn down hope your 3 hour growth clear helps
Old 05-22-2023, 01:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Players
You and your box toons?
Old 05-22-2023, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello Customer Service Rep's,

"Customer Service Representatives have opinions on how a Tunare engage should go"

Which P99 CSR's played on Live, what years, and on which servers?

What evidence do you have to support your opinions?

Train outs in ToV are classic, even if they were never utilized by the players in era. "forever trains" isn't possible due a finite amount of resources, whether on the train out portion or the engagement side.

If P99 Staff love Everquest because there's room to work with the mechanics available and new strategies can be developed, why are you attempting to eliminate/change both because "it's just not how we played it during Live or how we feel the original devs intended the events" ?

Which original devs have you spoken with?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Players
Thank you for your question. CSR generally does not reply to players on the forums here so I will try my best to assist you. As for "which P99 CSR's played on Live, what years, and on which servers," I do not know this. I trust this has sated your curiosity, my friend, and I do sincerely hope this helps. Stay safe!
Old 05-26-2023, 06:19 PM
Banned

It's interesting to view the opinions and assumptions people gather from asking questions of our Customer Service Representatives.

I'd like to thank Raj for giving a genuine response. Fammaden, that was actually funny and a +1 to you, Sir. Someone from Staff goes through forum posts and bans folks so it wouldn't be illogical to think a member of Staff would read it.

When asking questions is considered provocative, there just may be a larger problem. If nothing else, this thread is indicative towards the type of people that play on this Project and quite insightful for anyone wanting to experience it for the first time.

Thanks for the comments
Old 05-27-2023, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

I'll say this in terms of trains... go play live even today. Pathing is SHIT. it's not reliable like on emu servers. You can still strafe dance to keep mobs locked between nodes (which was considered pathing exploit back then), long trains get mobs stuck and reset.

Training trash on P99 is so trivial it's unrecognizable to live
Old 05-27-2023, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Hello Customer Service Rep's,

"Customer Service Representatives have opinions on how a Tunare engage should go"

Which P99 CSR's played on Live, what years, and on which servers?

What evidence do you have to support your opinions?

Train outs in ToV are classic, even if they were never utilized by the players in era. "forever trains" isn't possible due a finite amount of resources, whether on the train out portion or the engagement side.

If P99 Staff love Everquest because there's room to work with the mechanics available and new strategies can be developed, why are you attempting to eliminate/change both because "it's just not how we played it during Live or how we feel the original devs intended the events" ?

Which original devs have you spoken with?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Players
what meds you on dude? might need to up your paxil
Old 05-27-2023, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll say this in terms of trains... go play live even today. Pathing is SHIT. it's not reliable like on emu servers. You can still strafe dance to keep mobs locked between nodes (which was considered pathing exploit back then), long trains get mobs stuck and reset.

Training trash on P99 is so trivial it's unrecognizable to live
I'm not disagreeing with Staff, just asking some questions. Watching players on this server jump to conclusions and assumptions is amusing, at the least.

@valakut I don't use drugs, Sir.
Old 05-28-2023, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

If CSR’s need to share their live server info for a weird test of nerd cred OP needs to upload a photo of a puka shell necklace and their pager.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:52 PM
Kobold

If a speedbump raid to slow the sweaties down for several hours didn't exist, it would be necessary to invent it. Especially when 10% of the velious raid content has been deleted.
Old 06-01-2023, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a speedbump raid to slow the sweaties down for several hours didn't exist, it would be necessary to invent it. Especially when 10% of the velious raid content has been deleted.
Which 10% of velious raid content was deleted?

PoG/Tunare is hardly a speed bump, it occurs at the end of a quake. It's more like having a smoke and rehydrating after a sex marathon, or something like that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PoG clears are way more fun than sky. Get all those nice clickies without having to waste time, dkp, and money on SS gear/HoT's, minus the very few true bis pieces.