Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-12-2023, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Default How often are the WK/NK Hill Giants camped on Blue?

I doubt Rathe Mountains or Everfrost Giants are ever open or not camped round the clock, but I figure since only one/two giants spawn in WK/NK and they roam, they're not camped as often.

Is this the case or are they also camped 24/7? Those are the spots that I'm looking at once my Druid dings 39 since I can track wherever they roam, and will hopefully get him to 49/51 because the high level skeletons in Paineel are camped far more often than they used to be, making it hard to get consistent exp there after 37 or so.

Edit: Sorry, the two that spawn in EK, not NK.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 04-12-2023 at 01:57 PM..
Old 04-12-2023, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Doubtful that they are ever super camped
Old 04-12-2023, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

you should be charming animals
Old 04-12-2023, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you should be charming animals
I only kill what gives me steady income. Paineel guards are a consistent 8-10pp each. It's how I make my money for gear while I level, especially since I intentionally started this character fresh with no funding.
Old 04-12-2023, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

WK/EK Hill Giants all have placeholders now. You'd easily find them open. When I tried them, I'd get a Hill Giant about every 2-4 spawns. Wasnt worth the effort
Old 04-12-2023, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Grinding pp to buy upgrades is so poor mindset

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-12-2023, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grinding pp to buy upgrades is so poor mindset
Actually it's so I have money to afford parts of the Epic and Thurg armor when I hit the appropriate level. I don't like killing things that give no plat. I'd rather be 46 with a fat wallet then 60 and dumpster diving.

I do a round trip of shopping for new spells and gear every 5 levels on my Druid. Whatever I raise in those 5 levels, I bank half of it, and the other half is my spending budget, so I'm always saving up little by little. With Paineel guards it's roughly 500pp-1kpp per level.

Of course, the other part of it is that Paineel guards are an easy camp that don't aggro, and I can bind and sell right there to boot. So not only is it good money, but it's super convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WK/EK Hill Giants all have placeholders now. You'd easily find them open. When I tried them, I'd get a Hill Giant about every 2-4 spawns. Wasnt worth the effort
Eh, as long as it's safe, relatively consistent, and I don't have trouble tracking the giants or the PH, I can probably wing it.

Level 33-37 mobs at Paineel are all on a 27 minute respawn timer, while the giants and their PH are on 6m and 30s, so a giant every 2-4 spawns is roughly the same exp in that scenario, but average three times the plat per kill.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 04-12-2023 at 04:58 PM..
Old 04-13-2023, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

I wonder if level 39 will be too tough for you? The giants have a lot of HP and I seem to remember them having good resists.

I know with my necro, they seemed to go down fairly easy at 47, but I wonder how it would have been at 39. Scary I imagine.
Old 04-13-2023, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if level 39 will be too tough for you? The giants have a lot of HP and I seem to remember them having good resists.

I know with my necro, they seemed to go down fairly easy at 47, but I wonder how it would have been at 39. Scary I imagine.
Druid can rootrot, I can snarekite as a fallback and there's plenty of room to run, especially with SoW. As long as I keep my distance and don't burn all my mana on nukes, shouldn't be terrible.

I think geodes in CC are harder, TBH. Nowhere to run except to zoneline if things go bad (and there may or may not be an ambush waiting for you when you zone into EW), through a bunch more of them, and they have an assload of HP. That's one of my favorite camps from 39-49 though, for the chance at high-plat chipped gems.
Old 04-13-2023, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druid can rootrot, I can snarekite as a fallback and there's plenty of room to run, especially with SoW. As long as I keep my distance and don't burn all my mana on nukes, shouldn't be terrible.

I think geodes in CC are harder, TBH. Nowhere to run except to zoneline if things go bad (and there may or may not be an ambush waiting for you when you zone into EW), through a bunch more of them, and they have an assload of HP. That's one of my favorite camps from 39-49 though, for the chance at high-plat chipped gems.
Brother I知 telling you, you will struggle at 39 with the ice giants. They have like 5000 hit points and have good resists. You might be able to kill 1 but you値l be oom and it will still take you forever. My guess is that you will be dealing with so many root breaks, you値l be hemorrhaging mana just from having to recast that. But try it out, maybe you値l get a good process going with them.

44 will be better not just because of your new spell line, but you値l get less resists. I致e camped these both on my Druid and my necro. They hit hard and die slow. With necro it痴 easy because snare fear pet is such a mana-cheap way to do damage. Druids a little harder because less dots, and root breaks like crazy.