Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-05-2020, 07:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebalancer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you pizzasuit! I had a feeling it had to be missing files, that's certainly what it looks like, but was sure i went into the directories and pasted only the files, not the folders. Must've made a mistake along the way. Hopefully if i make a duplicate wrapper the setting that work will remain and I can reinstall the game without the extra tweaking again.
I've had good luck using the same wrapper again and again and changing the EQ files. Should work. I usually keep a duplicate EQ.app that I know works. Especially when there are patches, I make plenty of stupid mistake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-06-2020, 02:22 PM
Skeleton

I just tried installing again last night and it worked. I just wanted to confirm that you need to be meticulous when copying the p99 patch files into the Sony directory, make sure you do it at the file level, not folder. Now to decide which class to play this time around...
Old 04-07-2020, 04:57 AM
Large Rat

just wanted to say, game works pretty well under Parallels Mac / Win10.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Yikes

This looks way too complicated for a non-techie like me to do this. Found a Titanium set here in North Texas but almost need someone to set it up for me.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:33 AM
Orc

Going to reach out again, anybody know of Gamma tricks? Tried the option within Wine and changing the gamma within .ini file (overwrites when night falls).

No dice yet!
Old 04-09-2020, 10:39 AM
Orc

Default Install?

Guys - for Nyme's step #5, install Titanium, could I install from a current directory already on my machine or does this have to be the original disc?
Old 04-09-2020, 04:32 PM
Orc

WOOHOO! I am in, but it is a bit dark. Let me know if you figure anything out, Pizza.

Question - when I made my wrapper I copied in a working EQ directory, but now I can't find it. I found the runnable wrapper in Launchpad, but where is my EQ directory that is actually running?
Old 04-10-2020, 08:53 AM
Orc

NM - hidden directory - ./Applications

Pizza - I made another wineskin wrapper and upped gamma 75% while creating the wrapper. That really helped for me.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:28 AM
Large Bat

Install Windows via BootCamp. Boot to Windows and launch EQ. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2020, 02:58 PM
Large Rat

Default IT WOOORRRRKED!!!!

It worked it worked!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
14. I then had problems with wineskin not being able to run "dsetup.dll", but after I changed the engine used (under "Tools", "Change Engine Used") to "WS9Wine2.22" it worked like a charm.