Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 06:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt87 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol I think 25-30 plat even for a high level is pretty generous. I never really expect to see bigger tips then that though its nice when I do. I would say a lot of the players in the raiding guilds drop anywhere from 40 to 60 plat normally. At low levels 5 or 10 plat is really good for a tip, i'll often TP a low level for free, I know the struggles of poverty.
25-30pp is like killing one High Elf guard. High levels tipping that much are not being generous. I tip 50pp at level 55, up to 70-100 if I had a good day farming. If I can't afford the 50pp I take a boat.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Large Rat

Since this ebil thread started my competition has doubled. Druids everywhere are trying to get their share. How about we end this and start a 48th thread about why we cant have Luclin (not by me, Im thrilled with Velious) Please?
Old 04-14-2015, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

If you are a new level 10, you should be able to afford 10 plat for a port or you aren't looting mobs and/or selling anything that drops. A stack of bone chips are 10 plat. A high quality bear pelt is like 30 plat which you can get off a level 4 or 5 bear. Basic loot adds up to an ok amount. Caster spells are over priced at lower levels so that might be the only excuse. Once you hit 20, you should easily be able to afford 25 plat. Mid 30s you can probably already afford 50 plat.

If the person porting is actively looking to port people and you run to them, then I think 50 plat is fine even at level 60.

If the person is actively porting and has to go out a little out of their way to get to you, or run somewhere not too far for an EJ, then you should tip 100.

If the person is currently not porting, you should double whatever price you fall under. If you make them go really far, triple it. Don't send a porter a tell who is in EC to come pick you up in CoM or Sebilis and then hand them 20 plat.

Finally, if the person porting has to go out of their way at all you can always tell them how much you are going to donate first. Maybe you just happen to not have much on you, or are legitimately broke rather than a cheapo.

If the person wanted me to pick them up in CoM and said right away they can only give me 20 plat... if I was not doing anything I might be nice and go port them for it. But the amount I get wouldn't annoy me when I got there since I knew ahead of time.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Erica must be a trustfund baby. I was broke until level 30. I didn't see 10pp until level 15. No one actually buys bone chips except to support a newbie. I have (literally) 8 bags full of them.

I pay all different amounts based on how much at I have the time. Tips range from "Can I get you double next time?" to 200pp. My basic tip is 30-50 if they are porting multiple people. If they come to me, I tell them a price before they start running.

I also have a porter, and the only ones that piss me off are people w/ fungi's on a level ten who tip 5-15pp. And some of these big guild guys. I think they usually just forget so I let the slide the first time, then you realize that some of them just.. don't tip.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Sarnak

We seem to be about on the same page lecompte. Though... you didn't see 10pp until you were level 15? I find that very hard to believe. Did you loot nothing you killed? Those rusty weapons add up. Cracked staff is over 1 plat. The other staff level 3-5 carry is like 6 gold. Even if you didn't sell any bone chips or pelts (I didn't.. I wasn't aware they were worth anything) you just weren't trying.

Only excuse in my opinion is if you are a caster as I already mentioned cause the spells are over priced.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

you think that a level 8 with 10pp to his name should donate all 10pp of his savings for your port?

what a grinch
Old 04-14-2015, 07:30 PM
Kobold

I think you have to know what you're doing to have 10s of pp by level 10. For someone who's never played before it might be difficult though. Especially if you play a caster. Every plat counts at that point, which is why I used to hoof it instead of looking for a port.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
25p
100p for an evac

never more or less.
25pp isn't much unless you're below 40
Old 04-14-2015, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

50p if I'm in the same zone, 100p if I need a pickup.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 04-14-2015, 08:45 PM
Fire Giant

I've gotten 5pp tips and I've gotten 500pp tips. It all depends really. Usually I'm not going super out of my way to port people so really whatever is fine. Either way tips add up to thousands of platinum over the lifetime of a toon. The times I've gotten a Diamond mask or some neat item as tip makes up for the times I've gotten stiffed. 25-50pp is fine, and nubs can get away with whatever they can do. You can't port a lowbie out of Gfay and expect 100pp.

Once Translocate comes out things will change a bit
Closed Thread