Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

i see you've met druins
Old 10-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i see you've met druins
Lol. Druins asked me to kill him the other night in exchange for POTG. I was happy to do so.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

There are plenty of ways skill can matter in EQ, ranging from messing up simple things
or making strategic errors to really quick, complex movements that are actually rather difficult to pull off. I've seen an Innoruuk raid wipe twice. Consulting the logs afterwards showed the same cleric both times took 7 seconds to respond to his CHeal chain prompt. I've seen VS fights fail because the tank didn't circle correctly and got VS stuck under a rafter, I've seen lots of problems with pets going haywire and training a raid, I've gotten a raid force wiped personally due to making incorrect assumptions about how a pather would enter our camp. A high percentage of the time I've been in a group that died due to an overpull, the group probably died due to either insufficient skill in clicking root nets or insufficient strategic forethought to acquire them. I once watched a 26 man raid force nearly wipe to an icy servant because no one had fought them before and responded incorrectly in the moment. Plenty of raid mobs with high single target damage could have been killed and were not if melee with autoavoidance discs picked up aggro with mallets or nets. I've seen push fail due to poor coordination or people pushing against each other or pets on many occasions. I've seen people eat enrage and die en masse, both in dumb ways where they just aren't paying attention and in more reasonable (but still avoidable) ones where the boss deathtouches the tank and flips on the melee during enrage. I've watched the only cleric in a raid catch aggro in a chaotic situation with an entire 18 man raid force (including myself) unable to find them and pull their adds off before they died. I've personally been unable to attack bees in sky or ashenbone drakes in hate for reasonable percentages of their fights due to wonky hitboxes. The ways you can screw up in Everquest are many, and its a learned skill to avoid them.

On the other side, I've seen a paladin LoH a tank at 1% life half way though a raid encounter. I've seen rangers and monks save a raid by picking up a target with weaponshield or void dance on a tank death. I've seen enchanter+cleric pairs duo icy servants. I've seen plenty of cleric chains work flawlessly, many tanks handle VSR correctly, lots of cheals disrupted by push or preempted entirely by mana sieve. I've seen enchanters AOE stun lock an incoming train while other casters coordinate mez and root enough to make it survivable. I have seen the cleric or enchanter take aggro and nearly die before being saved by on point tanks pulling the adds safely to themselves.

There are a lot of ways to do better or worse in this game. If you have a situation where there was a failure, think about what could have happened if everyone responded absolutely correctly with no hesitation or mistakes, and consider how that would have affected the outcome. Was there any way to win? I find the answer is usually yes unless there was a large mistake in the planning phase. I also realize both that perfection is not really a reasonable requirement, as we're all playing for fun rather than professionally, and that in the grand scheme of things I am not actually very good.

That's ok though, we play, we learn, and we improve, just like every other game and activity in existence. Asserting there is no skill in Everquest, however? I do not think so.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, but the scum I see in S Ro aren't into that.

Just last night a druid (Druins) KS'd the first AC to ever spawn near me. It spawned near me, I was there first, I tash'd, he stepped in and rooted and nuked. AC KS'd.

He invited me to group, said I could loot and he'd have me suspended. I let him use lawyer-bs to threaten me into rolling for it, so I did. And I don't win rolls.

So I blame myself for succumbing to his threats.

But ya, AC was KS'd.

Neutral third party witness called him out for the KS in /ooc as it happened.
Actually, if you landed tash you had 'first to engage' so it was your mob to loot. The other player only frightened/tricked you in to the 'roll off' agreement because he knew HE was the one at risk of suspension for KSing. It was a ploy for him to get the loot and keep you quiet; it worked.

If you are the litigious type it may at least be worth opening up a conversation about it with CSR. I imagine the ring is already MQed at this point, but perhaps you'll be able to stop another player falling foul to this farmers' tricks?
Old 10-04-2018, 01:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i see you've met druins
Druins is still going after SRO AC? I remember always seeing him there over a year ago when I was trying to get my ring

OP - SRO AC can be hard to get but its still better than waiting on a list in OOT and then spending hours at a camp. Just park your toon there and log in at 8pm game time. You will get it eventually
Old 10-04-2018, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just last night a druid (Druins) KS'd the first AC to ever spawn near me. It spawned near me, I was there first, I tash'd, he stepped in and rooted and nuked. AC KS'd.

He invited me to group, said I could loot and he'd have me suspended. I let him use lawyer-bs to threaten me into rolling for it, so I did. And I don't win rolls.

But ya, AC was KS'd.

Lol he got you good. Worth a healthy snortle.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 10-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Orc

Quote:

But ya, AC was KS'd.

rofl I was there, it was a close call and it could have been either of yours. Show us proof he actually KSd you.

I'm not sure why you made this so difficult on yourself, you and Druins should have /petitioned and prayed a GM was online to handle it. You were both foolish last night.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Spawned right by you and you still didn’t get FTE? Oof, git gud.
If you did get FTE you are even worse at petition quest because you haven’t provided any proof besides for your word that you were KS’d which is a pretty serious allegation. I assume you aren’t smart enough to run logs and Fraps?
Old 10-04-2018, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

But ya, AC was KS'd.

I heard that HE got FTE, checked logs/fraps for proof, said that if you were 100% sure that YOU got FTE that you could loot, otherwise he was willing to roll on it since it was so close. You chose to roll, and lost roll.

Sorry you didn't get FTE or win roll. Keep drumming up sympathy on the forums.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Kobold

[QUOTE=GnomeCaptain;2787358]
And I don't win rolls.

Oh Please...
Closed Thread