Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-03-2022, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

How do we get every player only gets 1 account and no accounts can be shared or logged in by another user other than the owner? When's that server exist? Only in my dreams?
Old 03-03-2022, 05:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-You think legacy items should exist forever and never be taken out, which would remove a huge amount of the appeal of them, and also be lame.
The only way I can really interpret this is similar to if someone was arguing for the need to keep Kronos on TLP servers. Yeah, they bring in a good number of players and help to make the environment more "competitive" - but it also becomes the foundation for the server's economy and community. Not always in a good way.

Why would a server be "more broken" or "less competitive" if some legacy items continued to drop? Does anyone give a @%8@ if more Guises were running around or if Rubicite Armor continued to drop? What about Beads, OVP, CoS? The majority of players on Green who participate in "end-game" EQ likely have those items or the plat for 'em anyways. And my perception is that the majority of the people who are sitting through these legacy camps are hardcore players (like Fawqueue) who have been playing P99 for a decade plus...

There are also plenty of in-demand items and spells that continually drop on these servers yet still fetch lots of plat, so it's not like "no legacy items = welfare pixels for all."
Old 03-03-2022, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do we get every player only gets 1 account and no accounts can be shared or logged in by another user other than the owner? When's that server exist? Only in my dreams?
my dreams too
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 03-03-2022, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is, just avoid end game raiding. If you avoid it, you don't need the gear it provides anyway.
Honest questions though, what is there to do if you get to 60 but aren't doing endgame raiding? What sort of progression is there? What value does such a person have in this community?
Old 03-03-2022, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honest questions though, what is there to do if you get to 60 but aren't doing endgame raiding? What sort of progression is there? What value does such a person have in this community?
Lots of stuff to do at 60, you can join a smaller raid guild and so it casually If you want. There is a happy middle out there.
That said I largely abandoned by first lvl 60 toon and level alts.
Old 03-03-2022, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only way I can really interpret this is similar to if someone was arguing for the need to keep Kronos on TLP servers. Yeah, they bring in a good number of players and help to make the environment more "competitive" - but it also becomes the foundation for the server's economy and community. Not always in a good way.

Why would a server be "more broken" or "less competitive" if some legacy items continued to drop? Does anyone give a @%8@ if more Guises were running around or if Rubicite Armor continued to drop? What about Beads, OVP, CoS? The majority of players on Green who participate in "end-game" EQ likely have those items or the plat for 'em anyways. And my perception is that the majority of the people who are sitting through these legacy camps are hardcore players (like Fawqueue) who have been playing P99 for a decade plus...

There are also plenty of in-demand items and spells that continually drop on these servers yet still fetch lots of plat, so it's not like "no legacy items = welfare pixels for all."
I get what you're saying, but those items are so fundamental to early EQ, and the reason they were taken out back in 1999 is because they were considered game breaking, not just sought-after. The appeal of them *is* that they are finite, and limited, unlike many other aspects of the game which naturally just continue forever.

I have been playing p99 for a decade, but I'm really not a hardcore raider or anything. I just really enjoy classic EQ, and a fundamental part of it is high highs and low lows. It's a much higher high to loot a legacy item because you know they're limited, and it's also a much lower low to not get one because you know they're limited. It's a big part of the appeal of the game for me, having played many later mmo's like EQ2 and WoW and Lotro, specifically.

Guises, specifically, are just really cool to have. They don't screw with the economy at all because they're nodrop, and it's kind of a status symbol that you've both been around since the early server and also sat through that damn camp. I honestly enjoyed that camp, felt like an old grindy classic group where people were pretty chatty because you're all just stuck in this room together. Sounds weird on paper but I really liked it.
Old 03-03-2022, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ isn't a linear game. Nobody has to raid. Nobody has to level to the cap. Go explore random things, meet new people, stop using the wiki, have fun however you have fun.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 03-03-2022, 08:10 PM
Banned

^^^ Exactly. And even if you are 60 and not raiding, make an alt of a class you've never played. I mean if you get to 60 and think "well now I have to raid 24\7 or quit" you're EQing all wrong imo.

There are still zones and encounters in vanilla-velious I've never even seen or been to, and I've been playing the game in some form since 1999.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^^ Exactly. And even if you are 60 and not raiding, make an alt of a class you've never played. I mean if you get to 60 and think "well now I have to raid 24\7 or quit" you're EQing all wrong imo.

There are still zones and encounters in vanilla-velious I've never even seen or been to, and I've been playing the game in some form since 1999.
I was farting around in dalnir recently. What a crazy place, and mistmoore? Almost died on my lvl 60. Tons of stuff I haven't seen
Old 03-04-2022, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldknyght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ur ignorant with this statement, and its sad. Epic items are in game for life. legacy items arnt. people like u have no argument so you try to poke holes at a legit way to curb legacy BS /list nonsense. its like talkin to a tree sometimes with responses from people like urself good sir/maam.
who hurt you?