Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 03-20-2022, 10:14 PM
Sarnak

Has nothing to do with the pet agro being dumped on him, if you are trying to chain summon vs a summoning mob then there will always be a split second where you can be summoned before your new pet can establish agro.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 03-21-2022, 02:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can no longer or at least I have yet to figure out how to tell a pet to go away while your casting your new pet. Meaning before I could tell my pet to go away 1/2 a second before new pet cast. Now you have to time it so your spell finishes close to pet dying. If you miss time spell and it casts when old pet is still alive you will lose all the mana. Or old pet dies to fast and you get summoned or mob agro’s you before new pet is out. It is far harder to do effectively.
Macros won't work, but while you summoning your new pet you can type any pet command you want to:

/pet get lost

Wait until the very last moment before you hit enter (like you would to get full benefits of C2 | PotG | Torpor on yourself before you click a rez box), so your new pet will be ready the moment the former one dies

It also works while casting Shock of Swords | Seeking Flame of Seukor or clicking Burnt Wood Staff :
/pet back off
/pet follow
/pet sit

Pet starts to get some hp back while your spell to kill a mob is on its way

Start buffing a pet & sick it on a mob:
Click Prestidigitator Robe | Trousers & /pet attack XXXX
Old 03-21-2022, 03:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has nothing to do with the pet agro being dumped on him, if you are trying to chain summon vs a summoning mob then there will always be a split second where you can be summoned before your new pet can establish agro.
Hm, which means if you spaam-back your pet shortly before summoning a new one, you can get the mob to summon your original pet, and there's a 30-second (?) cooldown on a mob's summoning, so then you can hopefully summon the new pet without getting summoned if you time it perfectly.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hm, which means if you spaam-back your pet shortly before summoning a new one, you can get the mob to summon your original pet, and there's a 30-second (?) cooldown on a mob's summoning, so then you can hopefully summon the new pet without getting summoned if you time it perfectly.
I believe it's 10 seconds, but with the pet agro being dumped on the caster would be pretty hard for the pet to establish enough hate either way.
I think the moral here is don't try to chain vs summoning mobs right now
Old 03-21-2022, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's getting summoned because all pet agro is dumping onto him, has nothing to do with clicking from socials tab. I had a lot of problems with this in my recent stint camping phinny, people were getting summoned in between pets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where does the OP say anything in his post about getting summoned? He's talking about summoning pets.

And yes, obviously chaining pets against a summoning mob is difficult, but a mage can happily level to 60 without ever fighting a summoning mob.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-21-2022, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where does the OP say anything in his post about getting summoned? He's talking about summoning pets.

And yes, obviously chaining pets against a summoning mob is difficult, but a mage can happily level to 60 without ever fighting a summoning mob.
Thank you for that clarification. I was having a double take seeing mages saying how it is difficult (not impossible) to kill lvl 51+ mobs consistently for xp when an equivalently levelled melee would be killing something 10 levels lower.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 03-21-2022, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

The trick to fighting summoning mobs is to have DA clickies, but that's beyond what the OP is asking for.

TLDR:

When your pet is getting low ( use /pet health to check ) around 15-30%, start summoning a new pet. When the cast is down to 1-2 seconds left, manually click a social macro you have made (/pet get lost) to kill your current pet. Your new pet will pop out.

The issue is an aggro bug where your pets threat is dumped onto you when the pet dies or is killed by you. You can mitigate this by use using an earth pet so that when he roots he will snap that aggro off of you. If you're outdoors you can also kite the mob while the pet establishes aggro.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-21-2022, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

What level does chaining become preferred these days? I’m still on the 29 pets and usually just fight a mob or two at once and dump a couple of rains into the fight to cut it short. Probably not too efficient [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 03-21-2022, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level does chaining become preferred these days? I’m still on the 29 pets and usually just fight a mob or two at once and dump a couple of rains into the fight to cut it short. Probably not too efficient [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
29 is really where it starts to shine when that pet cost goes down to 200 and you have a bit of mana, but a torched fire pet should take down dark blues in one go most of the time for ya!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-21-2022, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can no longer or at least I have yet to figure out how to tell a pet to go away while your casting your new pet. Meaning before I could tell my pet to go away 1/2 a second before new pet cast. Now you have to time it so your spell finishes close to pet dying. If you miss time spell and it casts when old pet is still alive you will lose all the mana. Or old pet dies to fast and you get summoned or mob agro’s you before new pet is out. It is far harder to do effectively.
This is what I was responding to, sorry for the confusion.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>