Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-15-2022, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldknyght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest was purposely programmed to move past this event also. Not locked in this timeline...
Green was purposely programmed to recycle and move past this event also. Not locked in this timeline forever like Blue.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so if it’s a timer you should be able to predict with accuracy when the sleeper will wake up on the next iteration of p99 <insert color>

If you can’t do that accurately, and I can predict exactly when the manastones cease to drop, how is that a decent comparison?
It's the equivalent of a randomized timer. The dev's for fun could make the Manastone timer a random number between 10 days and 50 days, and players would have to figure out when it happens. That is still a timer, you simply don't know when it ends. It sounds like you have falsely assumed that everybody must always know the time left on a timer. Timers can be hidden.

Sleeper is the same way, it is a timer by vote. Every day that players don't kill Sleeper, they are voting to extend the timer. But since we can't predict the future, it is somewhat random as to when it occurs.

However, as I stated before, every ST key that drops increases the probability of Sleeper spawning, either by player dispute or by accident. Realistically speaking the chance of waking Sleeper is extremely high once you have like 200 unique keyed players.
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, this is wrong. Kill steaming and training was not intended, which is why you get punished for it. Just because the developers cannot find any easy way to fix this problem programmatically, doesn't mean it is intentional.
How do you know it wasn't intended? Players just bitched enough and they made it punishable. The game was also intended to move past this event. So by this server not moving on past this event. This is a negative outcome just like me being able to kill steal or train.
Old 04-15-2022, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t really think it’s a dick move…it’s actually kind of generous of them to keep the sleeper asleep for as long as they did. They could have woken up Kerafyrm months ago as far as I’ve heard.
Do you even know what a dick move is? By definition it is doing something to help you and ruining it for other people.
Old 04-15-2022, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldknyght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you know it wasn't intended? Players just bitched enough and they made it punishable. The game was also intended to move past this event. So by this server not moving on past this event. This is a negative outcome just like me being able to kill steal or train.
That is super easy. If it was intended, they wouldn't punish people lol. Last time I checked people don't get punished on P99 for playing the game as intended.
Old 04-15-2022, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the equivalent of a randomized timer. The dev's for fun could make the Manastone timer a random number between 10 days and 50 days, and players would have to figure out when it happens.

Sleeper is the same way, it is a timer by vote. Every day that players don't kill Sleeper, they are voting to extend the timer. But since we can't predict the future, it is somewhat random as to when it occurs.

However, as I stated before, every ST key that drops increases the probability of Sleeper spawning, either by player dispute or by accident. Realistically speaking the chance of waking Sleeper is extremely high once you have like 200 unique keyed players.
I agree with your point above but still disagree the two are a decent comparison. Fair enough though it’s okay to disagree and debate unless you’re today’s Republican Party.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 04-15-2022, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you even know what a dick move is? By definition it is doing something to help you and ruining it for other people.
Yeah I get your point. Sorry you didn’t get to go kill warders man. That does really suck if you were looking forward to that.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 04-15-2022, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I agree with your point above but still disagree the two are a decent comparison. Fair enough though it’s okay to disagree and debate unless you’re today’s Republican Party.
Lol as always, thank you for the respectable conversation. It is hard to come by on these forums. Agree to disagree!
Old 04-15-2022, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Fair enough though it’s okay to disagree and debate unless you’re today’s Republican Party.
Lol, don't even go there. The debates have been so biased towards liberals for decades. I applaud the Republicans for saying enough of the bullshit.
Old 04-15-2022, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, don't even go there. The debates have been so biased towards liberals for decades. I applaud the Republicans for saying enough of the bullshit.
I just think debates are too important to our democracy to just pull the plug completely like that.