Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 07-22-2022, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are better than all of us, why bother posting here at all?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just leave and go live life.
Yeah, im'a need homey to get off these forums asap and continue creating beautiful well-adjusted families, and enjoying the copious amounts of adventures with the ones he has....
Old 07-22-2022, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, im'a need homey to get off these forums asap and continue creating beautiful well-adjusted families, and enjoying the copious amounts of adventures with the ones he has....
This man failed all 3 servers
Old 07-22-2022, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This man failed all 3 servers
That noun is offensive to me.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That noun is offensive to me.
Imagine sir
Old 07-22-2022, 06:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine sir
How dare you.
Old 07-23-2022, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you do a test for me? Take all your gear off and add one piece of gear with only wisdom and tell me what multiplier you get at level 60.
I just wanted to point out that somebody asked DSM to take off all his clothes in a thread.

Honestly I don't think there's much of a difference between picking STA or WIS when you start if you're trying to ask yourself where you'll be at 60. If you pick WIS, you can load up on more STA gear to compensate, and if you pick STA, you can pick more WIS gear to compensate. 105/105 seems pretty good to me (I started WIS at green launch, but not based on any theorycrafting).

So I guess the operative question would be which gear is easier to get within the listed restrictions of being an endgame-non-raid-shaman? STA or WIS? Whatever the answer to that is, seems like OP would want to pick the opposite, no?

Just did my first AoE'ing WW dragon solo today, Hachaeva. While I'm more raid geared than the theorycrafting we are doing on this post, I definitely went from full mana bar to almost zero during the encounter. And I'm built for mana slightly more than HP.

Question to Loramin actually here- My Magelo shows my max HP unbuffed at 2068, yet its 2148 in-game. I checked my gear and stats over and over but can't figure out where the discrepancy is. Do you, Master of the Wiki (tm) have any idea why? Help would be appreciated!
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanted to point out that somebody asked DSM to take off all his clothes in a thread.
Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question to Loramin actually here- My Magelo shows my max HP unbuffed at 2068, yet its 2148 in-game. I checked my gear and stats over and over but can't figure out where the discrepancy is. Do you, Master of the Wiki (tm) have any idea why? Help would be appreciated!
The Magelo calculations have always been a bit off. For HP and Mana I am sure the formula could be tweaked to be closer, although I am not sure how easy it would be. For AC I am not sure if it is possible, since the value displayed in-game is wrong anyway I believe. I guess they could just adjust the Magelo formula to match the wrong value in the UI.

Quote:
So I guess the operative question would be which gear is easier to get within the listed restrictions of being an endgame-non-raid-shaman? STA or WIS? Whatever the answer to that is, seems like OP would want to pick the opposite, no?
Correct. STA is generally easier to cap with Velious Era gear, even if it isn't raid gear. For example, Othmir Prexus Totem gives you +20 STA, and you can buy it in EC. You also need to take into account that Shamans can buff their STA by an additional 50 via Riotous Health. You can only buff WIS by 10 via Bear Form. So that is +70 STA just from 1 item and 1 buff.

Quote:
Just did my first AoE'ing WW dragon solo today, Hachaeva. While I'm more raid geared than the theorycrafting we are doing on this post, I definitely went from full mana bar to almost zero during the encounter. And I'm built for mana slightly more than HP.
Grats! Yeah WW Dragons can drain you of mana if you get unlucky resists and whatnot. The trick to using as little mana as possible is clickies and minimizing spell usage. I don't use Bane of Nife, for example. I just use Pox, Epic, and sometimes JBB. I also use my pet (unhasted) to basically act as another DoT. He does enough damage to basically stop a WW Dragon's regeneration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igpbLuNe0ls This is an example of how I pull and kill Bravatar.
Old 07-23-2022, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grats! Yeah WW Dragons can drain you of mana if you get unlucky resists and whatnot. The trick to using as little mana as possible is clickies and minimizing spell usage. I don't use Bane of Nife, for example. I just use Pox, Epic, and sometimes JBB. I also use my pet (unhasted) to basically act as another DoT. He does enough damage to basically stop a WW Dragon's regeneration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igpbLuNe0ls This is an example of how I pull and kill Bravatar.
Nice, yeah actually it was pretty smooth, all things considered, I was just a bit distracted with other stuff during the engage (being a dad and whatnot). I tried one bane, but gave up on that, used Cripple, Insidious Decay, Slow, Pox, and Epic, with pet also chewing away. Had to torp the pet once, and thanks to Grim Aura from my ring and SoW boots I lost minimal buffs. Needed a bit more Cold Resist for sure, but resisted occasionally.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-23-2022, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The Magelo feature was probably accurate years ago, when it was first written by Rahvin (the true wiki god) ... but the P99 devs have since changed their formula. Given that he no longer plays, I'm guessing that he won't have much interest in updating the formula, although he has fixed wiki bugs in the past so it could happen.

But if you really want to see it fixed ... and you know the programming language PHP ... you could "fix it yourself" by downloading the source code from https://wiki.project1999.com/utils/wikiUtils.php (click "Custom Extensions Source", and then the Magelo stuff is in a "Magelo" folder).

If you or anyone else could make a fix to the algorithm, I'd imagine Ravhin would add it to the wiki (and if not I'd be happy to beg Rogean until he does it). But without that, you may be waiting a long time for a fix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-23-2022, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

P.S. The relevant file (for anyone who is curious) is "Magelo_body.php" in the "Magelo" folder. Even if you don't know PHP, but you have some programming background, the code is fairly straightforward and most programmers should be able to understand it.

For instance, here's the function to calculate total HP; as you can see it is fugly PHP code [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ... but it is straightforward :

Code:
function get_total_hp($level, $class, $sta, $item_hp)
{
  $lmod = Magelo::get_class_level_factor($level,$class);

$post_255 = 0;

if ($sta-255/2 > 0)
    $post_255 = ($sta-255/2);

$base_hp = (5)+($level*$lmod/10) + ((($sta-$post_255)*$level*$lmod/3000)) + 
	       (($post_255*$level)*$lmod/6000);

$nd = 10000;
	$max_hp = $base_hp + $item_hp;
	$max_hp = ($max_hp * $nd) / 10000;
	return round($max_hp);
}

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.