Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 12:53 AM
Skeleton

Default Erudin Faction

Hi,

I decided to start an erudite SK tonight.. only to find out, I am "glares threateningly" to the Erudin guards and obviously KOS.. which leaves me no way off the island naturally... Gather Shadows is level 30.

I am a newbie to the server.

1) I know you can gain Erudin faction in the Warrens with quests.. Warrens is closed.

2) Many forums posts on the internet have stated you can gain Erudin faction by killing kobolds in Toxxulia Forest. I have tried a few types and had a counterpart try killing other kobolds. No faction gained for Erudin.

I know Erudite Necros are dubiously to Erudin guards -- so they can slip by... but Erudite SK's cannot.

Are these kobolds in Toxxulia supposed to give faction as stated on several Allakhazam postings?

Short of getting a free port off Odus to NKaranas and binding in Qeynos and starting there -- What is the natural progression I should be taking for faction to pass through Erudin?
Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Banned

The only bug here is that Necros should be kos too. I don't remember the non-warrens kobolds ever increasing Erudin faction. Paineel/Erudin factions were difficult to raise, and most likely impossible to raise without hurting the other.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Send Anleus a tell in game if you're stuck there and need to get off of Odus.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Skeleton

OK. The bug was reported, because there needs to be a logical progression for an erudite SK to get past the guards to eventually leave Odus. An SK does not receive Gather Shadows until Level 30. If the Warrens is closed, that is the zone people used to get faction with the High Council of Erudin I think...to get better faction with the guards.

I studied this pretty thoroughly, because I couldn't believe how a necro can walk past but I can't.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Erudites and Humans have a little more choice, but religion can sometimes be problematic for them.

Working on digging up something more definitive.

Also please post your deity for your Necro and your SK
Last edited by mmiles8; 07-13-2010 at 12:43 PM..
Old 07-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

Both classes are Cazic only as Erudites.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothmonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK. The bug was reported, because there needs to be a logical progression for an erudite SK to get past the guards to eventually leave Odus. An SK does not receive Gather Shadows until Level 30. If the Warrens is closed, that is the zone people used to get faction with the High Council of Erudin I think...to get better faction with the guards.

I studied this pretty thoroughly, because I couldn't believe how a necro can walk past but I can't.
The logical progression was to get an invis or a port from someone.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Skeleton

Erudite SK -- My Faction is Cazic Thule... erudin guards threatening.

Erudite Necro -- Cazic-Thule as well. Guards are dubious.

I should almost create an erudite SK on live and see what I con to the Erudin guards. Things may have changed though.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Aviak

The firepot in the hut used to teleport you to Qeynos Catacombs. That was changed in the March 28th Patch. I'm not sure when they were exactly implemented.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Kobold

Considering most quests in Erudin and Paineel drop faction with the opposing city, it wasn't too hard to turn dubious faction into KOS. I personally played an Erudite Cleric of Cazuc-Thule on live right after luclin and was not KOS to anything in Erudin. I had dubious faction, yes, but no one attacked me.

And, an Allakhazam quote from 2001...

Quote:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/races.html?race=6
Actually, its not that hard to get off Odus at all. And the docks at Erudin arent KOS. They're dubious. The docks at Qeynos I believe, are dubious as well. Be sure to con first though. I know for a fact that the casters guild in South Qeynos is KOS.
I know qeynos faction is horribly screwed up with respect to Erudites as my p1999 Erduite cleric was amiable to almost everyone in Qeynos, with a few indifferent. He should be KOS to most of Qeynos including the 'good' guards.

I vaguely recall being KOS in oggok on my agnostic Erudite enchanter, but I know it wasn't has high as the faction I automatically had on p1999. The whole thing is off. I don't know if it's a bug or data entry, though.

Edit: I believe Erudite followers of Quellios should be KOS in paineel, but can't find anything from way back saying such.

Edit2: I just checked live, and a starting quellios paladin in KOS in paineel. A starting sk is dubious in Erudin.
Last edited by Dersk; 07-13-2010 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: I can't finish a though before moving onto a new sentence
Closed Thread