Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 10:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Recently joined, but due to the recycle server, I find it hard to play blue.

Is anyone else in the same boat as I? I was leveling an Ogre Shaman as my first character on this server and was having quite a bit of fun. I hit 16, caved in and made a Magician (my favorite class), and started leveling when I heard the announcement that there would be a fresh server released.

I was extremely excited about the server at first, despite knowing that it will probably released quite some time for now, but now I find myself not wanting to level anything and to just wait for the recycle server.

I'm really in the mood to EQ, but when I can't even choose character names that I want (due to the eventual merge of recycle and blue), it just feels odd playing. Don't get me wrong, if I had started a long time ago I would definitely be pumped up for Velious. But with nothing invested here, the only thing I am excited for is the new server.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe try red to get your fix in? With a full group you get 300% xp bonus, should level much faster.

Otherwise you are going to be sitting around without EQ for 1.5-2 years, at least.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

I've definitely cut back since that stream announcing it. I don't think it's totally for the recycle server reason... just a bit of burn out (and it getting sunny outside etc), but that probably had some effect subconsciously [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think everyone is looking forward now. Think of it another way, if you get your mage to the early or mid-20s you can be among the first to try out the lower level dungeons like Tower of Frozen Shadow rather than taking a level 60 in there (and other places) to play EconomyQuest with.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Recycle99 won't be here for 2-3 years, tops, if at all. We had 4 years of Kunark. 4 years. Four.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe try red to get your fix in? With a full group you get 300% xp bonus, should level much faster.

Otherwise you are going to be sitting around without EQ for 1.5-2 years, at least.
To the OP. If it follows how long it has taken to get Velious on here you have a DAMN long wait for that to happen anytime soon. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scrawny Gnoll

I considered Red since I played on Rallos Zek. If a team server were up right now I'd not even be here ForumQuesting; I'd be in game getting mauled by other players.

I'll probably just end up playing around on my mage anyway, as I'm sure the server is far off. Like Itap said, Kunark was around for quite some time and it could be a very long time until Recycle.
Planar Protector

I thought Velious was running in line with the original timeline? I could be wrong... I read it on the forums so that doesn't make it a fact [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2015, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodcet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is anyone else in the same boat as I? I was leveling an Ogre Shaman as my first character on this server and was having quite a bit of fun. I hit 16, caved in and made a Magician (my favorite class), and started leveling when I heard the announcement that there would be a fresh server released.

I was extremely excited about the server at first, despite knowing that it will probably released quite some time for now, but now I find myself not wanting to level anything and to just wait for the recycle server.

I'm really in the mood to EQ, but when I can't even choose character names that I want (due to the eventual merge of recycle and blue), it just feels odd playing. Don't get me wrong, if I had started a long time ago I would definitely be pumped up for Velious. But with nothing invested here, the only thing I am excited for is the new server.
The recycle server is literally years away. If you want to wait for it then fine but your going to be waiting awhile.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The recycle server is literally years away. If you want to wait for it then fine but your going to be waiting awhile.
Yeah, it would be quite some wait. I considered playing EQLive progression until then, but... ehhh. There's a reason I don't play live anymore; the same reason everyone is playing here.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodcet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a reason I don't play live anymore; the same reason everyone is playing here.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread