Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

Default Unable to run to freeport as level 1 iksar; intentional?

So, I made my level 1 iksar necro and tried to run to Freeport the usual way, got sow and tried to zone into overthere from warslik... got the message "you are not experienced enough to enter an inter-planar portal". Ported me back to the city. Some people told me I need to get to level 5 or so first, the issue with this is I wanted to play with my friend at level 1 on a new character. You know, it's fine, but I'm really just wondering if this is intentional or a bug, because it does kinda disrupt my game experience a bit.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 05-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I made my level 1 iksar necro and tried to run to Freeport the usual way, got sow and tried to zone into overthere from warslik... got the message "you are not experienced enough to enter an inter-planar portal". Ported me back to the city. Some people told me I need to get to level 5 or so first, the issue with this is I wanted to play with my friend at level 1 on a new character. You know, it's fine, but I'm really just wondering if this is intentional or a bug, because it does kinda disrupt my game experience a bit.
do a /who all dial and find a port?
Old 05-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
got the message "you are not experienced enough to enter an inter-planar portal"
Something definitely fishy there.

Are you using EQ Titanium? Or have you just patched the latest files and are using an install from the live servers or something?

Other than that, it is possible (if slightly rare) to be able to find a Dial A Port druid in Field of Bone... how do you plan on buying your spells? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do a /who all dial and find a port?
dude you are directly avoiding the entire point of this post.

But yeah, OP. something is definitely wrong. Very very few zones are supposed to have level restrictions on them, never mind Warslik's to Overthere.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 05-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something definitely fishy there.

Are you using EQ Titanium? Or have you just patched the latest files and are using an install from the live servers or something?

Other than that, it is possible (if slightly rare) to be able to find a Dial A Port druid in Field of Bone... how do you plan on buying your spells? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, it was a fresh install on a new computer... was able to get a port. My plan was to buy spells under Freeport but found out I cant, I can train there at the necro trainers tho. so my new plan is to buy spells with a nearby char and have my friend trade them to my iksar
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 05-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

You have to get level 5 first. This was put in to prevent MQ users from rolling new accounts and training zones over and over.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to get level 5 first. This was put in to prevent MQ users from rolling new accounts and training zones over and over.
well I got around it, but I can't say im thrilled. if I wasn't able to get a port I probably would have not played
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 05-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
well I got around it, but I can't say im thrilled. if I wasn't able to get a port I probably would have not played
Doesn't sound classic to me... part of the thrill of either escaping to Kunark or getting the boat to TD/BB is part of the classic experience. When was that put in? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Well, it was a fresh install on a new computer... was able to get a port. My plan was to buy spells under Freeport but found out I cant, I can train there at the necro trainers tho. so my new plan is to buy spells with a nearby char and have my friend trade them to my iksar
Turn in some bone chips to Xelha whatever I don't think it takes barely a stack IF even that to get to Apprehensively if you want to buy spells
Old 05-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

I have seen this message when trying to zone into Crushbone at lvl 3 and also when porting a lvl 1 to DL.
Closed Thread