Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 09:17 AM
Kobold

Default Hunting/leveling advice 46-50 wizard help!!

So Looking for a good place to push from 46-50, here were some areas I thought of and my comments let me know which ones some of you experts recommend or if you have a better spot:

BB- Dwarfs(quad kiting) -camped both times I went there

Cobalt Scar- wyverns don't think I can do these efficiently til I hit 49 and get new quad damage spell, current 1 does 230 damage for 175 mana not sure I can finish quad (hps for wyverns?) I have just under 2kmana

Dreadlands -yetis or giants(good xp? place to quad around?)

Eastern Wastes- single savages/wooly rhinos (high hp velious mobs efficient?)

Emerald Jungle- near FoB zone. EJ always scares me lol

Feerrot- Oasis spectres- camped everytime I get there and giants don't spawn regularly in oasis

East Freeport- Solo/Duo Guards (dare I kill in cities I may need to bank in, not sure how camped this is lots of*iksars in there)

Hole grouped - if I can find people to go would love to farm loam drops

Lake of Ill Omen- Bloodgill Goblins, GREAT exp all the way to 51 but camped by droods

Lesser Faydark- happ the magician. feel bad killing a gnome not sure how great xp is out of hell level, no loot

Ocean of Tears- cyclopses of all kinds,*( this good, over camped?
Old 07-19-2018, 10:35 AM
Kobold

Do not do single targets as this is horribly inefficient for a wizard, and will take you forever to level up. At 45-46, there are still plenty of blue snarlers in FV to kite if you are worried about mana. You can also kite blues in OT in this range. At 46, if you are tired of these zones, move to DL and kite gnashers and snarlers, and stonegazers to 49. 49-51 kite petrifiers, brutes, and ragers. At 51 you can kill ravashings to 56.

There are 3 benefits to staying in DL. There is usually buffs around, and the drolvargs drop teeth to turn in at FV for great supplemental exp. You can also port lazy people who don't want to run to the rings.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:44 AM
Fire Giant

TD spirocs - such low hp, such free xp. Then with pillar of frost you can do anything including wyverns in CS or ogre Mercs in EW (if you’re building CoV faction)
Old 07-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

OT and then do petrifiers in DL. That is a tough level range for a wizzy, but the lvl 51 spells are well worth the effort to get there
Old 07-27-2018, 10:31 PM
Fire Giant

The spectre option is decent if you just want a boring and easy camp. I did the #1 spectre in feerrott (usually higher level than the others) from 46 to 49 and cyndreela from 49 to 51. Slower than quadding at a bit less than 2% exp per 6.5 minutes but still gets the job done. But if you want the fastest xp possible definitely quad DL or bloodgills.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 07-28-2018, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

I think you can do the ogre mercs in ew and get your cov faction up at the same time, I think they're still blue
Old 07-28-2018, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Hole is fun and great, not always easy getting in and the entrance is probably all the further you'd want to go until you're in your 50's and that is taken often, but definitely recommended.

Sol B is a great place to bring a group for a wizard because you don't need a perfect composition to handle it, you can make do with a rag tag group of whoever is lfg and a Wizard there is actually good enough CC with stuns and roots.

I'd build groups as much as possible for those levels, as they go by very fast grouping and are boring as hell grinding out in quads.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TD spirocs - such low hp, such free xp. Then with pillar of frost you can do anything including wyverns in CS or ogre Mercs in EW (if you’re building CoV faction)
I havent tried these but looking on the wiki they seem to have alot more hp than other mobs to quad those lvls, no?
Old 08-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkhis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Looking for a good place to push from 46-50, here were some areas I thought of and my comments let me know which ones some of you experts recommend or if you have a better spot:

BB- Dwarfs(quad kiting) -camped both times I went there

Cobalt Scar- wyverns don't think I can do these efficiently til I hit 49 and get new quad damage spell, current 1 does 230 damage for 175 mana not sure I can finish quad (hps for wyverns?) I have just under 2kmana

Dreadlands -yetis or giants(good xp? place to quad around?)

Eastern Wastes- single savages/wooly rhinos (high hp velious mobs efficient?)

Emerald Jungle- near FoB zone. EJ always scares me lol

Feerrot- Oasis spectres- camped everytime I get there and giants don't spawn regularly in oasis

East Freeport- Solo/Duo Guards (dare I kill in cities I may need to bank in, not sure how camped this is lots of*iksars in there)

Hole grouped - if I can find people to go would love to farm loam drops

Lake of Ill Omen- Bloodgill Goblins, GREAT exp all the way to 51 but camped by droods

Lesser Faydark- happ the magician. feel bad killing a gnome not sure how great xp is out of hell level, no loot

Ocean of Tears- cyclopses of all kinds,*( this good, over camped?
1.) Lake of Ill Omen- Always check for Bloodgill goblins first. With a FB earing and jboots/sow pots as a wizard this was some of the best experience I ever saw while quadding at any level.

2.) Dreadlands - Float to the top of Karnor's , bind there, always have levitate on, go round up any 4 blue mobs, then AE snare them when nearby the karnor wall then gate back and float to INSIDE of the KC walls, and use that as your flat, landscape-free quad kiting grounds. Beware of other kites/swarms gone bad because then mobs will aimlessly roam through there, otherwise its very free of mobs, just keep an eye out.

3.) Eastern Wastes- Quadding using Circle of Force for these guys is fine: Ulthorks/walruses, or if your mana can handle it : round up the 3 Ogre Mercs+1 of the blue con giants and quad them along the cliff, keep Levi up of course

This is what I did, and in that order.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Bind in oot. Spectres there or gate to ro for oasis spectres. Also opportunity for rings of the ancient in each locale.
Closed Thread