Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Large Bat

Default Befallen or Runnyeye?

Halfling cleric level 6, looking more for groups, haven't invested in any undead spells yet...thank you!
Old 03-19-2018, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Go to EC tunnel, get some buffs, and just whack things in EC til like 12 or so. Then oasis / unrest / befallen / wherever your giant feet take you.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:34 PM
Orc

If you can buy a few spell levels worth of needed spells I'd head to Kurns and grind there. Great XP and clerics will be needed. After there I had good luck at Lguk and Mistmoore.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Runneye is usually a ghost town. Shame though. Check out befallen until 11 or 12 then go to oasis
Old 03-19-2018, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

-group way

Crushbone
Oasis
Unrest
Mismore
Com
Seb

———-

Hhk could be tossed in there

Pretty much 70% of grouping area

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 03-19-2018, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

I remember trying runnyeye on a level appropriate character when I first joined p99. It was overwhelming and I got killed really quick. While I cant recommend befallen. It's still the safer option. If you have to pick between the two.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

I did level up one character from 25 to 30 in RunnyEye iirc, the "level three" with the sporalis is quite fine. the last floor with the goblins is OK as well, i think i was duoing there with Ranger + Shaman around level 30.

long story short, at level 6 this is not at all a good dungeon for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Befallen is empty, tricky and comparative to its level relatively hard (hence empty), i don't recommend planning to go there and /lfg and wait.

If you want to LFG+Wait the only "dungeons" at level 6 are Crushbone (there is pop, but mostly twinked soloers - can offer to duo tho!) and Blackburrow (dito, with even lower pop).

Soon you can add Kurn's, Unrest or Upper Guk to that list, and the population is much higher in all cases [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Legidias was right; as a level 6 halfling cleric, if you feel you can't go any further in Misty Thicket (you could stretch to 9 or so) then your best bet is probably to go to East Commonlands and West Commonlands, ask for buffs and kill whatever is blue/white until you are lvl 14 (get Healing!) so you can have more options [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] good luck!
Last edited by Nagoya; 03-19-2018 at 05:55 PM..
Old 03-19-2018, 07:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did level up one character from 25 to 30 in RunnyEye iirc, the "level three" with the sporalis is quite fine. the last floor with the goblins is OK as well, i think i was duoing there with Ranger + Shaman around level 30.

long story short, at level 6 this is not at all a good dungeon for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Befallen is empty, tricky and comparative to its level relatively hard (hence empty), i don't recommend planning to go there and /lfg and wait.

If you want to LFG+Wait the only "dungeons" at level 6 are Crushbone (there is pop, but mostly twinked soloers - can offer to duo tho!) and Blackburrow (dito, with even lower pop).

Soon you can add Kurn's, Unrest or Upper Guk to that list, and the population is much higher in all cases [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Legidias was right; as a level 6 halfling cleric, if you feel you can't go any further in Misty Thicket (you could stretch to 9 or so) then your best bet is probably to go to East Commonlands and West Commonlands, ask for buffs and kill whatever is blue/white until you are lvl 14 (get Healing!) so you can have more options [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] good luck!
Seconded. Runnyeye Sporali were great and easy to solo/duo mid 20's, and even drop some ore for decent plat. The lower levels with goblins would be better a little higher, while the top level may be too dangerous for your level. It's mostly due to the amount of roamers - some of which come from lower levels - that make it a bit too dangerous. Would be a different story if it was more visited. Shame it's not, big fan of runnyeye.

Better luck in Befallen.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:13 AM
Sarnak

I second EC trash with buffs from the tunnel. Especially with a damage shield you can solo reds and fly through 6-10. If it's your first character I would recommend duking one of the orc camps once you can handle it, the belts sell to players for 5-10p each and xp should still be great getting the occasional high level buff from people hanging out in the tunnel.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:31 AM
Banned

Runnyeye is an insanely good exp zone after the revamp.

There's druid rings right outside and a city just next to that.

It's a pity people still think it's a death-trap.
Closed Thread