Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-17-2020, 01:40 PM
Senior Server Guide

Default Reminder on Forum Rules

I've recently removed a few threads here for multiple violations of P99 Forum Rules by several users. For those who frequent this section regularly, please take some time to review these rules here:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=324844

Rather than ban several accounts (who, I suspect, all feel they are the "victim"), I have chosen to post this instead. Consider this both a final warning and a clean slate moving forward.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:53 PM
Banned

That's cool, but what about the forum account Asteria, which doxxed several people on this board but is currently unbanned? Is this all so lawful and neutral as it looks? -j
Old 06-17-2020, 01:56 PM
Senior Server Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blistig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rather than ban several accounts (who, I suspect, all feel they are the "victim"), I have chosen to post this instead. Consider this both a final warning and a clean slate moving forward.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:58 PM
Banned

clean slate on doxxing that's awesome. Thanks p99!
Old 06-17-2020, 02:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Can you inform us on who these several accounts are at least? Big Japan is participating in ban evasion by posting on her bf's account. I just want to know every iteration of this dumb psycho. It would be a public service to us using these forums, thanks.
Zurui - 58 Gnome Enchanter of Bertoxxulous
Kyura - 56 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
Blue Server - Retired
Twitch
Old 06-17-2020, 02:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you for cleaning the forums up btw. Nice work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zurui - 58 Gnome Enchanter of Bertoxxulous
Kyura - 56 High Elf Cleric of Tunare
Blue Server - Retired
Twitch
Old 06-17-2020, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Will the rules be enforced going forward?
Old 06-17-2020, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will the rules be enforced going forward?
Edited for clarity:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blistig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rather than follow the rules, so that players know they can trust the staff to enforce the rules as written, I have chosen to post this instead. Consider this both a final warning and a clean slate moving forward.
But to be clear, I still appreciate Blistig's volunteer efforts very much! I certainly am not volunteering to moderate this place!

I just think this decision was a mistake: if the goal is to get people to follow the rules, leading with "and I'm not going to follow the rules", says what exactly? Especially when it's based on imagining whether someone will cry about being a victim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And I mean, these are forum accounts we're talking about, not game accounts. Lulz is on what, his 10th one now? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Getting banned from the forum just means you lose your post count: there's no need to put the kid gloves on. If anything this will create more whining ("why did I get banned when you let those other people off with a warning?")

It's not too late though: Blistig you can always say "I was trying to be a nice guy as the new mod, but the forum has convinced me the rules we write should actually matter, so I revoke what I said earlier." And even if you do cut people some slack anyway ... do it behind the scenes, not as a big "I'm flouting the rules so you guys better pay attention to them" gesture.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-17-2020 at 07:41 PM..
Old 06-17-2020, 07:39 PM
Banned

i bet you feel pretty silly right now
Old 10-18-2020, 04:56 PM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i bet you feel pretty silly right now