Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes, I totally love this ...

You are welcome to our group if you ever travel abroad. Magnificent visualization!

Back on topic, yes, I understand where you are coming from.

But , and there is always one, I am now stuck on the why you believe yourself to be an abomination, a sinful one at that in the eyes of the Divine?

What leads you, after explaining your concept of sin so uniquely , to lather yourself in it by describing your very existence like that?

I feel I cannot progress further in this point if I failed to understand your self-description ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ty for quoting that I did not read the post but Irulan wrote a beautiful sentence

Feeling blessed to have u among us brother Vormotus
Thanks, both of you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Vormotus, It's a hypothetical. I suppose I haven't really sat down and made a concrete rationalization about it. I suppose deep down inside I may actually feel like I'm impure or satanic or aberrant some. Is that simply because I've heard it so much echoed outside though?

I still make a distinction from my self and higher self and the self that is the "everything". I haven't chosen to focus all my attention to the whole self at the expense of my classical self. I've kinda explored all these concepts, but I'm unwilling to really hold on to one over the other. As a mortal being with a sense of individuality, I take that into account. Because here I am. I have this one life to live, at least from this perspective. Sorry for the morbid thoughts.

Part of it has to do with analyzing my own free will. Whatever is embodied here, physically in me, what I've learned and think, we all take in our environments. So how much of "me" is really me, and how much is all that pagan or satanic symbolism that is so pervasive throughout our society, in advertising, in designs, DC is amazing. It's full of external stuff architecurally, and in layout that people absorb, but don't realize.

It ties into the nature vs nurture argument. Which are we? We are a bit of the divine, the pure, abomination, our environment, a mixture of everything. It's how we are connected. It's an abtract way of looking at the world or self I think.

No one is simply just a product of their environment. No one is entirely trapped by their nature. It's basic to settle on one or the other and just surrender our entire perspective and consciousness to a singular ideal.

Even God is presented in a complex way. I think the idea is to follow this example, and I think even Jesus is an embodiment of this.
Last edited by Irulan; 06-24-2018 at 12:57 AM..
Old 06-24-2018, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No one is simply just a product of their environment. No one is entirely trapped by their nature. It's basic to settle on one or the other and just surrender our entire perspective and consciousness to a singular ideal.
Then pursue YOUR ideal regardless of the outcome?

You practically answer all of your questions flawlessly, which leads me to think you need someone to simply validate them as a step to move forward.

Personally I do not even think you need validation at all, you just need someone to talk to [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Have you tried recently going into therapy? Or if you did was your interaction poor?

You mention being or living near DC, a quick google search led me to see there are some Lacanianism representatives there.

It might be frustrating at first, but I believe you could get a lot out the Lacan approach for Psychotherapy, my two cents worth to you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 06-24-2018, 03:53 PM
Banned

Yeah, I think you maybe misunderstood what I am trying to say.

There's not a singular ideology that is a catch all solution or step forward for us collectively or as individuals. If we only ever pick up hammers, we become hammerdins, everything is a nail. I'm reluctant to advocate a singularity.

I understand what Lacanism is. It's interesting. And I may look into it.

Stuff is tools. Different tools achieve different results. I'm not sure what tools to use, so your suggestion is helpful.

Sorry if my English is really weird. Native speakers hate my guts lol. I'm grateful to have people to talk to. Or at. Lol. Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Irulan; 06-24-2018 at 03:58 PM..
Closed Thread