Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

We already have quantum computation.

Someone did Bells experiment with quantum entanglement using two quasars on a cosmic scale for randomness, so we are fairly sure, like >90%< reasonably sure spooky action at a distance is a thing. This isn't computational but really strongly affirms QM as a usable model.

China is heavily invested in quantum security. Crypto. Even launching sats with the tech.

Googles funputers are public knowledge. So we are past the theoretical stage.

Trust me world leaders are more interested in quantumly simulated sex simulators than ensuring the underclasses can feed themselves reliably and safely.

You'll get ur qbits.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-20-2021 at 11:55 AM..
Old 03-20-2021, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will ever start designing games and hardware with a 20 year minimum lifespan in mind?
Doubtful, unless a resource shortage continues and no solutions occur, AND the big players handshake on slowing rollouts to like every 5-10 years instead of once a year. This would cripple many of the manufacturing and third party vendors that need constant rollout and then the parasitic relationship they hold with game designers who need to push the envelope on graphic requirements so people feel compelled to upgrade their systems more often to experience the latest and greatest in high res.

That being said console systems operate much more closely to this philosophy: major new system, minor upgraded "pro" versions down the line, new console comes out...3-7 years later?

Basically what your asking for is not anywhere in the foreseeable future from an economic and industry dependence standpoint, too much money is on the line in the hardware industry.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doubtful, unless a resource shortage continues and no solutions occur, AND the big players handshake on slowing rollouts to like every 5-10 years instead of once a year. This would cripple many of the manufacturing and third party vendors that need constant rollout and then the parasitic relationship they hold with game designers who need to push the envelope on graphic requirements so people feel compelled to upgrade their systems more often to experience the latest and greatest in high res.

That being said console systems operate much more closely to this philosophy: major new system, minor upgraded "pro" versions down the line, new console comes out...3-7 years later?

Basically what your asking for is not anywhere in the foreseeable future from an economic and industry dependence standpoint, too much money is on the line in the hardware industry.
Yeah I agree.

Unless hobbyists can maybe fill the void. Or gain the ability to make their own hardware and then compete on quality. Openness. Modability.

I think.

The factory that rolls out graphics cards are worth billions right now and cost millions to retool I think. I thought $10 million was a lot of momentum in 04, oh how silly I was.

I wonder if someone could make a hobby version. My brother does a lot of programmable IC stuff and board design. He can wind up paying a good amount to prototype some stuff. It used to be like $300-800 a decade ago.

I smell a potential market niche.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-20-2021 at 01:15 PM..
Old 03-20-2021, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will ever start designing games and hardware with a 20 year minimum lifespan in mind?
star citizen probably is already.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
star citizen probably is already.
I feel like the level of accuracy of AI targeting systems in most far future scenarios precludes really tactical deployment and combat will simply be about ranging our opponents and striking first, strategically, maybe using assets as shields or decoys. And stealth systems.

No one's going to draw their ship up broadside and slow down in space. Or try to dogfight when they can kill you at 100,000km.

Hopefully the trading system is deep.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-20-2021 at 01:40 PM..
Old 03-20-2021, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine if in the future we find out space is too hostile for us to travel in, so as a work around we build a virtual world to live in that is so realistic that traveling in it would be like traveling in real space and we could explore it freely.. but the mistake we made is that the virtual world was so realistic, that we forgot it was virtual and here we are killing each other over politics and we'll wake up in our VR helmets after we die and go, lol whops!
Old 03-20-2021, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Aren't there at least a few levels to reality to keep the plebes from pulling the plug after getting owned?

Why build a sim with both QM and general relativity? What does QM add?
Old 03-20-2021, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
look, we live in a capitalist system and if you can make a buck on pollution, on killing, on piling trash in someone else's backyard and especially if you can make money off your children's asthma, then you will because you should OR, someone else will.

I mean it's cheaper for companies to keep dangerous machines and pay fines rather than buy safe machines that lower floor of plant go slower so why would any company think in terms of 20 years?
They will be bought before then and their assets, liquidated to turn a profit on the acquisition.

never going to happen under capitalism.
Hahahahaha

This guy is poor and his tax dollars will be used to purchase F-35s AND build pipelines through the land of “First Nations” tribes, all by a leader who wore blackface socially at parties in the not very distant past

Hahahahahah Canadians, what a bunch of fucking pussies
Old 03-20-2021, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Aren't there at least a few levels to reality to keep the plebes from pulling the plug after getting owned?

Why build a sim with both QM and general relativity? What does QM add?
endgame content
Closed Thread