Pre-Alpha 5 Testing
(Began September 2020)
Unofficial estimate of 2021
Alpha Testing
alpha soon!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2021, 04:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
3.0 What are atmosphere and acclimation?
There will be certain extreme environments in the game to which you’ll need your character to become acclimated. There will be six at launch: Frigid, Scorching, Toxic, Anaerobic, Pressure, and Wind Shear. Each of those extreme climates will have tiers associated with them corresponding to how punishing they will be to the player. For example, you may be able to survive in a Tier 1 environment without any acclimation, but you would certainly experience some detrimental effects like a weapon or movement speed penalty. The higher the tier the more detrimental and severe the effects would be.

3.0.1 How can one become acclimated?
The process of becoming acclimated is carried out through equipment modification or special equipment allowing you to absorb resistances altering the physical composition of your body. Your character will have different slots like chest, legs, hands, arms, feet, etc. to which you apply these items. We will reveal more details as to how exactly this will work and how to change acclimatization as well. We want it to be seamless and also plan on having different environments within environments, such as the scorching environment found in the frigid environment of Amberfaet.
wow, discus... intersting design
Old 03-20-2021, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

I see OP wants to compete with my posting prowess.

Gooduck.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

I enjoyed how survival games added wearing snow clothes in the snow environments, and less thick/heavy armor, in hot zones.

I always wanted to see people dressed in snowy armor when leveling in snowey areas, would be cool to really lean into a environmental stat bonus for gear in an MMO, but it also is a PITA to manage all that stupid armor.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I enjoyed how survival games added wearing snow clothes in the snow environments, and less thick/heavy armor, in hot zones.

I always wanted to see people dressed in snowy armor when leveling in snowey areas, would be cool to really lean into a environmental stat bonus for gear in an MMO, but it also is a PITA to manage all that stupid armor.
Make stats less important, more area and enemy dependent. Problem solved. Going to desert area? Bank stuff, craft basic desert survival gear, enemies drop half decent burka, maybe a unique boss uses an ice spell, and u can swap in a single warm weather gear to help balance
out the frost dmg, or just be skilled and dodge (mythic without setting instance to mythic, ur buddy can stand in the cold puddle while u dodge) , or there's a magic burka that had +5 mr but doesn't kill u from wearing a bear skin cap in s ro.

Unique area specific itemization would be so pimp.

Fuck balance, just make the game deep and fun and nerf whatever is necessary later.

Gg.

Imagine if those orc camps all dropped desert gear or u could make ur own for lvls 10-20
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-20-2021 at 09:48 PM..
Old 03-20-2021, 11:25 PM
Fire Giant

I feel like if Valheim and EQ had a child it would be the chosen one of mmorpgs.
Old 03-21-2021, 04:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like if Valheim and EQ had a child it would be the chosen one of mmorpgs.
pantheon rebuild no. 22 cooming soon (January 2032) [pre-beta]
Last edited by Bhairava; 03-21-2021 at 04:27 AM..
Old 03-21-2021, 04:27 AM
Kobold

fine tuning that joek
Closed Thread