Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Trump finally LOSES IT in full meltdown over DeSantis

Old 03-15-2023, 11:05 PM
Banned

^
If I was talking to that guy, I would have to stop at some point and ask “are those your real ears?”
Old 03-15-2023, 11:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this always bugged me

for decades the dems have cried upon the heavens for clean efficient energy, then when they are given clean efficient energy, they have some reason to hate it.

a coal fired power planet produces a hell of alot more ambient radiation than a nuclear power planet, and spent nuclear fuel storage has been solved for decades, but everyone is too stupid to understand the technology so it never gets investments.

that's just fission

huge breakthroughs in fusion tech have been made very recently.

in short humans are idiots, when given exactly what they want, they will immediately determine its not good enough and then bitch piss and moan for something else.
I do wonder about the tritium shortage but I am sure smarter people than me are cooking up workarounds. The related space development could help with that too, via helium-3.

Ever watch Isaac Arthur's youtube channel? I'm a big fan of that guy.

I'd squeal like a piggy if I could watch some astronauts putting boots on the ground on Mars someday. Or if I could see even a working model of an O'Neill cylinder in orbit as a proof of concept. Kalpana one, space tether, whatever!

It will bother me somewhat if it's some billionaire does any of those things like first like they portrayed in the third season of For All Mankind, but a W for the species is a W.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do wonder about the tritium shortage but I am sure smarter people than me are cooking up workarounds. The related space development could help with that too, via helium-3.

Ever watch Isaac Arthur's youtube channel? I'm a big fan of that guy.

I'd squeal like a piggy if I could watch some astronauts putting boots on the ground on Mars someday. Or if I could see even a working model of an O'Neill cylinder in orbit as a proof of concept. Kalpana one, space tether, whatever!

It will bother me somewhat if it's some billionaire does any of those things like first like they portrayed in the third season of For All Mankind, but a W for the species is a W.
Fusion isn't real, it needs fission breeder reactors at scale to even try.

'Do this and maybe we can do that for you', lol.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:41 PM
Banned

This guy apparently got off on all charges due to the “stand your ground” law applying to vehicles as well

The man turned the footage of his dash cam over to police immediately because he felt he was in the right, because he thought the water bottle thrown at his car was a gunshot

To his credit, from the video the sound of the bottle hitting the car doesn’t sound all that dissimilar to the gun. Are they in reality? Dunno

To his detriment, the dude had a water bottle thrown at his car because he brake checked the other guy who was tailgating him. That’s why he had his gun out, because he thought the other guy might respond to his brake check

What SHOULD happen: He should be charged with reckless endangerment due his complete shit handling of his weapon. There were cars in front of him, it’s a miracle he didn’t kill anyone. He has no business owning a gun at that skill level. He is going to accidentally kill someone some day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 03-15-2023, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do wonder about the tritium shortage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fusion isn't real

Quote:
California-based TAE Technologies, working with Japan’s National Institute for Fusion Science (NIFS), have completed first tests of a hydrogen-boron fuel cycle in magnetically-confined plasma, which could generate cleaner, lower cost energy that that produced by the more common deuterium-tritium (D-T) fusion process.

TAE highlighted that it had built five “national laboratory-scale” devices – with which it had generated and confined fusion plasma “more than 140,000 times” – and is currently building two further machines, dubbed Copernicus and Da Vinci, with a view to “demonstrating net energy and deliver power to the grid, respectively”.
https://www.rechargenews.com/energy-...gh/2-1-1411318

another major milestone which somehow isn't mentioned here, bad reporting I guess or they wanted to remain specific to the H2-Boron, is that these next generation fusion reactors are generating electricity directly from the magnetic field generated by the fusion reaction, no steam turbines.

the old school deuterium-tritium Tokamak reactors were still in the stone ages, bleeding their energy off to heat water to power steam turbines for electricity.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you guys are the ones that think we should stop space travel so we can have more trader joes
I don’t understand this comment. You don’t believe we went to the moon
Old 03-16-2023, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fusion isn't real, it needs fission breeder reactors at scale to even try.

'Do this and maybe we can do that for you', lol.
You don’t even understand Brent crude. Sit this one out bud, leave it to Matthew mcconafhey and the other engineers in interstellar
Old 03-16-2023, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don’t even understand Brent crude. Sit this one out bud, leave it to Matthew mcconafhey and the other engineers in interstellar
I've seen nothing from you on Brent crude and US crude is even cheaper.

It is a strawman in discussing LNG prices though. 😈
Old 03-16-2023, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

I don’t know anything about fusion but I assure you, you know even less my good chum

There’s a Korean (smarter than you) refuting your claims in this thread. Stand down, stick to potato farming like the rest of your clan