Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 01:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our civilization hasn’t fallen yet

We just have a lot of people who feel very important but are not (expectations don’t match reality), and in the absence of meaning conferred by family or religion, which they’ve abandoned, makes them feel as if “the sky is falling.”

In reality, there has never been a time in human history in which it was better to be alive. If y’all simply added Jesus and a good woman to your lives, you’d understand this. Alternatively, get a constructive hobby. Chess or piano is my suggestion. PS: no man over 25 should own a video game console
Agreed but you have to remember you're on a forum for meth/heroin/opioid addicts and elf sim players.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We just have a lot of people who feel very important but are not (expectations don’t match reality), and in the absence of meaning conferred by family or religion, which they’ve abandoned, makes them feel as if “the sky is falling.”

In reality, there has never been a time in human history in which it was better to be alive. If y’all simply added Jesus and a good woman to your lives, you’d understand this. Alternatively, get a constructive hobby. Chess or piano is my suggestion. PS: no man over 25 should own a video game console
tend to agree......sorta but from girl POV. however I think there were times when certain important things were vastly better. today's spiritual vacuum, isolation, atomization are not something to sneer about with a sense of superiority especially from a refugee brown guy who grew up in a 2 bedroom shack with 40 relatives bedding there, bound to other people by a collective disaster unlike the bland stability most Americans face for 80 years. but yeah if you can just get over the awful consensus culture and find a good pipelayer life owns. especially as a trans person who wouldn't have had the option before this era. what a blessing.

sky's not falling. didn't you witness how stable everything was the last 4 years? even a completely bad-faith executive has his balls totally clipped. how many more years will you waste jacking yourself to imminent disaster and how it justifies your misanthropy/self isolation?
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 03-08-2021 at 01:18 AM..
Old 03-08-2021, 01:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like extended family grps for traditionalism. the atomized "nuclear family" was step 1 in breaking down the family into highly consumptive units, disconnecting people from their elders, and dissolving community. but i understand some ppl are addicted to the norms they are born in, can conceive of nothing else and are dumb so i will not endeavor to rock your quite literally neo-conservative casbah further.
Thank you for sparing us your word vomit that you’ve settled on to explain your sad existence. Amazing.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:36 AM
Banned

Quote:

Whats it like to know better than everyone else? Must be really hard when nobody ever listens to you. lol
You see how the know it all religious scum likes to try to control everyone? He wont let himself have fun, you cant have fun. Omar mateen vibes.
Last edited by Gravydoo II; 03-08-2021 at 02:41 AM..
Old 03-08-2021, 03:00 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whats it like to know better than everyone else? Must be really hard when nobody ever listens to you. lol
You see how the know it all religious scum likes to try to control everyone? He wont let himself have fun, you cant have fun. Omar mateen vibes.
That guy: Offers suggestion

You: HE'S TRYING TO CONTROL MY FUCKING LIFE
Old 03-08-2021, 03:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tentarro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That guy: Offers suggestion

You: HE'S TRYING TO CONTROL MY FUCKING LIFE
that guy- "lol just acept jesus and everything will be pretty good"

is this rnf?
Old 03-08-2021, 03:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

is this rnf?
Quote:
If y’all simply added Jesus and a good woman to your lives
Sounds like a suggestion to me and not a command, but then again I'm not a moron that lets other people immediately try to command me to do things.
Old 03-08-2021, 03:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tentarro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a suggestion to me and not a command, but then again I'm not a moron that lets other people immediately try to command me to do things.

When did I say it was a command? Reading comprehension is key, duderino.

This guy says simultaneously that there has never been a better time to be alive/that to make things better people need to revert to cultural norms from 50-100++ years ago.

Apparently never considering the drastically loosened grip of religion over society probably has a lot to do with the overall increased well-being for the general public.

My point wasn't that he's trying to tell me what to do or force me to believe. My point was that his suggestion was imbecilic.

"duh guys just believe in jesus and things won't be so bad".... My arms are truly not long enough for the jerk off motion in my soul.
Last edited by Xer0; 03-08-2021 at 03:17 AM..
Old 03-08-2021, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

is this rnf?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2021, 03:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
When did I say it was a command? Reading comprehension is key, duderino.

This guy says simultaneously that there has never been a better time to be alive/that to make things better people need to revert to cultural norms from 50-100++ years ago.

Apparently never considering the drastically loosened grip of religion over society probably has a lot to do with the overall increased well-being for the general public.

My point wasn't that he's trying to tell me what to do or force me to believe. My point was that his suggestion was imbecilic.

"duh guys just believe in jesus and things won't be so bad".... My arms are truly not long enough for the jerk off motion in my soul.
I like how you're conflating the relaxation of religion and the technological advancement of modern society to make the point that religion was having a negative effect our collective well-being.

Also, considering you quoted me where I was offering the exaggeration of the "telling me what to do" perspective, it sounds to me like you're just trying to disguise the point of the discussion to attack my personal character instead of the point I was talking about.
Closed Thread