Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 02-27-2022, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Czechs complained too much so we put it in Romania instead. Also AEGIS boats and ashore.
This GOP talking point earns Two Pinocchios

Quote:
Toward the end of his presidency, George W. Bush, concerned about a possible threat to Europe and the United States from Iranian missiles, proposed to install 10 interceptor missiles in Poland and a radar system in the Czech Republic.
Quote:
Just remember: It’s not supposed to be about Russia.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Just got off the phone with some relatives.

My mom is currently in Elk, a city in northeast Poland close to the Byelorussian border.

She reports that while there is usually an American presence in the area, she has seen 'tanks' for the first time. She's an old woman not familiar with combat vehicles, they all look like tanks to her. But they weren't trucks. She knows what a truck looks like. So some sort of US mechanized troops are on the move.

I then spoke with my my stepmother, who is near Rzeszow, sixty miles from the Ukrainian border and site of the main US base in Poland. She reports a steady stream of military equipment flowing out, cargo planes round the clock unloading materiel and troops. She can tell it's US because it's all tan, not dark green like the locals. It's all flowing east.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

The people there are terrified.

They expect to see a mushroom cloud on television any minute. Everyone there is glued to the TV for the past several days; the local channels are showing full gore, dead bodies in the street, burned out tanks, rubble and fire everywhere. No one is doing anything except hoarding supplies and running back to the television.

One guy told me he was worn out and ready to have a breakdown but he couldn't stop watching.

Everyone said the same thing. We never thought it would come to this.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The people there are terrified.

They expect to see a mushroom cloud on television any minute. Everyone there is glued to the TV for the past several days; the local channels are showing full gore, dead bodies in the street, burned out tanks, rubble and fire everywhere. No one is doing anything except hoarding supplies and running back to the television.

One guy told me he was worn out and ready to have a breakdown but he couldn't stop watching.

Everyone said the same thing. We never thought it would come to this.
It is terrible. Even from the comfort of my home in the mountain west USA, I can’t stop watching. But I don’t have the fear of nuclear bombing like they do.

Keep us updated.
Old 02-27-2022, 03:00 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2022, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, shut the fuck up if you voted for Trump and don't have at least a masters degree in sciences from a Massachusetts based university. You have literally no idea how completely stupid you are
MAPSS in Econ from University of Chicago, and I agree with this message.
Old 02-27-2022, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Friday, Putin apparently told Xi, in confidence, that he would be seeking to negotiate a resolution to the war. Xi did something interesting; he publicized the call and divulged to the rest of the world that Putin would be seeking an end to the war, which is a very subtle expression of Chinese disapproval for the endeavor. (If you know any Chinamen they can be very round-about like this). Zelensky is headed to the border for talks.
How do you negotiate with a rat fuck like Putin though? I’d demand crimea back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2022, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Another night falls on Kiev. The sound of missiles falling out of the sky, the cries of civilians hidden in the train tunnels, the shaking of the ground and the dust, the dust everywhere.

My mom told me they saw an interview with students from National University of Kyiv. They turned a building into a Molotov factory. They're gathering soap shavings and gasoline and bottles and rags, stacking them up 12 to a case and sending runners out to move them to the front.

She swears she saw a video on the internet that showed a successful molotov attack against some sort of armor, with the thing completely burned out and gone. I'm trying to find it, would love to see it.
Old 02-27-2022, 03:20 PM
Banned

I gotchu!

Here ya go

Armor is vulnerable to Molotov.. and I'm tired of pretending it isn't. https://imgur.com/gallery/OgvOgAo
Nvm this is from 2018 ^^^^
Please forward this to anyone yo know in Ukraine or bordering states. https://imgur.com/gallery/3vPlCWL

Ya, small arms may not be super effective. Lots of stuff is.

R.i.p. ya poor bastards!

How can an Armored unit follow such reckless and insane orders? It blows my mind.

Putin literally killed his own team. Maybe on purpose ? Bad times where incoming soon? Anyway in russia?... had to downsize the military and weaken his own country? Would be fucking insane if so. Everyone thought Russia was doing ok cuz RT said show and youtu.be showing nice clean cities. Maybe not so good?

Still: Slava Ukraini! And idgaf if I get nuked. My life was too good compared to these mother fuckers.

At that, I reckon very heavy smoke would do the trick too.
Last edited by starkind; 02-27-2022 at 03:48 PM..
Old 02-27-2022, 04:02 PM
Banned

https://www.quora.com/How-effective-...t-modern-tanks

Napalm isn't hard to make and much worse. Quora article shows a British tank that got overwhelmed.

I think #s and lack of infantry support is still more dangerous for tank crews. Again Putin didn't send his best.

If you're getting that close the tanks are in big trouble. Apparently the Irish threw refrigerators into tanks. At some point in history.

Both Google and imgur is blocking searches for molotov and Ukraine. Such shit companies.

Bitchute is flooded with Propoganda and bullshit.
Last edited by starkind; 02-27-2022 at 04:05 PM..