Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-18-2022, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Septuagint
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2022, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Science is a liar sometimes
Old 10-18-2022, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

This new spray makes food slide right off the pan!
*leukemia
Old 10-18-2022, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, someone was a FREAK in the sheets back then...
Old 10-18-2022, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, you're speaking from a place of massive ignorance, as the examples you list aren't examples of science failings.

Can humans (eg. cigarette-selling humans) mislead other humans ... in science or anywhere else, to some extent? Sure. But scientists weren't convinced of anything by misleading, un-peer-reviewed, or unreproducible tobacco studies. Politicians were.

Same deal with the food pyramid: there was never a "food pyramid study"! What there was a bunch of legitimate dietary studies ... and then (again) a bunch of politicians, influenced by farm lobbies and such, who ignored many of those studies, so they could give us the food pyramid.

Drug safety? Obviously, there's a tension between wanting to make drugs safe, and wanting to get new drugs to sick people as quickly as possible. But (again), scientists don't make those decisions: government regulators (whose bosses are politicians) do.

Ultimately you're misunderstanding science, and blaming it for stuff that has nothing to do with it ... and everything to do with politics and politicians deliberately ignoring scientists to push their own special interests.
Did I attack science in my original post you quoted?

Let’s take a looksee:

“Due to how easy it has become to manipulate data, samples, etc, and the fact funding is often provided by an entity with a particular interest in the outcome of a “study”, I immediately discredit and completely ignore any study I see”

Seems like I mentioned how easy it is to put forth a bogus study due to some ulterior motive

Where did I attack your atheist God, Science, again?

Oh that’s right, you threw out a red herring and then claimed I attacked science so you could have something to argue about

Find better excuses to argue with people online next time. I never attacked the concept of science. I said a shitload of studies are complete bullshit, to the point where ONLY peer reviewed meta analysis I pay attention to, and even THOSE can be manipulated to present a narrative
Old 10-18-2022, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, someone was a FREAK in the sheets back then...
I decided I like it better as a metaphor, so now it's a metaphor.

Blow smoke up the ass of someone who is drowned (in information)
Old 10-18-2022, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
I decided I like it better as a metaphor, so now it's a metaphor.

Blow smoke up the ass of someone who is drowning(in information)
Some rivers even had handy bellows nearby incase someone was drowning. Like little butthole fire extinguishers.