Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-28-2022, 04:10 PM
Banned

Default Dwarf Fortress

df general, discussion? anyone play? this is my current file, an attempt at making the ultimate fantasy text file generator. medium world, short history 125 years. 129 x 129 map grid, sparse metals world.
focus is on library/tavern gameplay and hoping random number generator does its job. took a peak at legends mode before starting to make sure enough dragons,titans and crazy shit was still alive to count as "age of myth". i am using dfhack commands but mostly to reduce lag and skip to the part that's actually interesting to me the "fantasy aquarium" part

first 8 hours of setting everything up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BfwlZ_uNE4
Old 10-28-2022, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2022, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Old 10-28-2022, 07:04 PM
Banned

MAP
red circle - Fort Quillshot
green circles - other dorfs of the same civ
yellow circle - fallen dorf city owned by goblins currently
blue circle - goblin fortress, all the purple circles are small goblin camps also

Current Cast
50 dwarf hard cap limit set in .ini so should promote visitors and citizenship petitions.
tested so far and had 65 "citizens" with 15 living in rooms assigned to the tavern,
so of the 50 dorf slots we have 3 combat squads of 10 each and the other 20 dwarfs being assigned workers/library/tavern jobs
Old 10-28-2022, 07:19 PM
Banned

Ground Level:
pretty basic setup, we have a stream, three roads that meet at the entrance, a long hallway. parts of it before the tunnel turns have fortifications carved into them so dwarfs on the other side of the wall can jack idiots up thurgadin style. further up is 4 draw bridges, when retracted make what i have decided to call "what the fuck is this David Bowie's Labyrinth?" the only means of entering or that matter leaving Shotquills. im going to have to actually sit down and unfuck it to make all 4 drawbridges up/down combinations actually matter but its mostly for looks. it will also be the only means of accessing the underground cavern layers so all the visiting adventurers will auto path through it or attempt to anyway before dying of thirst
Last edited by Tongpow; 10-28-2022 at 07:29 PM..
Old 10-28-2022, 08:05 PM
Banned

Tavern:
for the tavern i mined out and floored over a small section of the underground cavern layer. walls and floor are clear/green glass blocks, the entry way to the left is a artifact wooden door and gem windows, the pink things in the room are actually trunks of underground trees growing up trough the bar they and the ceiling goes up quite a ways and the cavern floor below the bar is 6 z-axis levels down so a kinda kelethin vibe but indoors like a snowglobe... the ceiling isn't secure either its continues up connecting to other parts of the cavern so flying monsters could attack people at some point

outside the glass enclosure is the monster aquarium / battle arena, currently we have 4 goblins a giant and a minotaur caged up. room is glass and the hallway leading to the Library
Old 10-28-2022, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Your fort is crazy... did you go out of your way to design an organic looking strange maze with long corridors?
Old 10-28-2022, 10:00 PM
Banned

just kinda just went for it. the room on the left side is the dungeon master noble's room im not sure if he actually does much yet with the intrigue system, it has a basement floor also with a area for goblins to live and i got a room full of Guinea pigs rofl. in df they are called "Cavy Boars" and i saw cavy boar on the animal list and was like alright a boar that likes caves whatever lets order 10 on embark so...

anyway currently live streaming
https://www.twitch.tv/fortress_shotquills
Old 10-29-2022, 08:27 PM
Banned

we now have a tentative agreement with the minotaur to work and live in the labyrinth.

this shit is kinda sketchy.. i didn't even know you could tame minotaurs without hacking. and now i can't assign him to a chain or something like i was planning. he wants a room and access to the dinning room n shit, i didn't even notice until half the fort started doing bucket brigades to keep this fucker fed and supplied water while he was sitting in the cage stockpile LITERALLY CRYING. this fucking minotaur is acting like hes people and i won't stand for it.
Old 10-29-2022, 09:14 PM
Banned

man... everything for going great for about 30 seconds he was even on his way to the Duchess to petition for citizenship or to "reside" as a mercenary monster hunter only thing that "attend meeting" could of been unless the "meeting" was a meeting with this bard to fuck him up... this dip shit comes strolling out of the dinning room while our new Minotaur friend was walking towards to throne room and well, that predator/prey behavior kicked in and Purog "The fuck you lookin at?" Licdungda had to choke a bitch...
Last edited by Tongpow; 10-29-2022 at 09:17 PM..