Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-29-2022, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Lol that's awesome. So close! Better luck next time.
Old 10-30-2022, 11:16 PM
Sarnak

I'm no good at this game. I'll admit that but I do have pretty funny memory of playing RP mode drunk one night and getting into like a wrestling match of sorts with hand to hand and thinking what the fuuuuuck?...
Old 10-31-2022, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Dwarf fortress is hard. The best forts have a metagame tho. Like farming mermaids and exporting goods made from them.

The death of the Fort is at least as important as its foundation and peak. The game itself is unpredictable enough your Fort will eventually die. Very few forts get to a point where the game engine stalls. It does happen tho.

So best to let the fort fall. Then reclaim it later )
Last edited by magnetaress; 10-31-2022 at 09:38 AM..
Old 11-02-2022, 02:25 PM
Banned

new fort.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

here's the fort entrance/kill room... i haven't built a 2nd retractable bridge at the bottom part yet, but basically gonna wait until the bulk of the goblin invaders walk 2/3rds across then raise both bridges at either end trapping them. on the right there is 4 solid gold 2x10 bridges currently raised, concealing behind them 8 Ballistas that once manned by dwarfs the 4 gold bridges can be lowered and the goblin invaders killed.

new fort because i wanted to make a new world and play around with advanced worldgen parameters and set it to biggest world map..etc..etc
this is just the local area the entire world is much bigger but i won't interact with any of it from this fort. my fort is the red circle

the blue color tiles directly below my fort aren't water but actually "Good biome" areas so its a dense enchanted forest that can spawn unicorns, fairies n' shit.

and hopefully this is the one, THE FILE, THE WORLD. the plan is to populate it with like 5 forts or so... fully built then retire them so they auto play, then play the actual adventure mode game that's a rogue like and use the forts as bases of operation
Old 11-02-2022, 03:24 PM
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcw0kEmIRJI
Last edited by Tongpow; 11-02-2022 at 03:26 PM..
Old 11-02-2022, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

What happened to the first fort?

Can you starve/dehydrate the goblins?
Old 11-02-2022, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
goblins?
***Gobwins***
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 11-02-2022, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happened to the first fort?

Can you starve/dehydrate the goblins?
i think they live forever by default idk if that requires eating or not i gotta learn how to mess with the creature raw files to change stuff like that, currently the world always gets overrun with goblins if you run it for hundreds of years apparently saw a reddit post asking what people change the default values to on everything and changing goblins is something i was reading about yesterday. "what happened to the first fort?" first fort i still have saved but it's like a 24x24 world or whatever and this new one is 256x256 squares with a fuck ton more civilizations and megabeasts i ran the simulation for 150 years instead of 100 or 5 years like the previous 2 forts, 150 years still isn't long you can run it for 1250 years i think but it takes days or something, but this is all about the "age of myth" part and won't turn into the age of legends till enough dragons and titans n shit die

current state of "i shouldn't of fucking came here" bridge

15 z-axis drop on either side, most things get fucked up falling 1-2 z levels. imma dig it straight to the magma sea though to be sure. i plan to fight solid metal titans and dragons on that bridge
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1641409427
Last edited by Tongpow; 11-02-2022 at 05:19 PM..
Old 11-02-2022, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

I made a hot desert world once with Glassworks and dug through a sandy aquifer once. Almost 10 years ago.

I am very bad at hacking so mostly use defaults. On a potato computer. It used to take hours to grind history. I bet my modem comp would be crazy good at it.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice music btw lols

I always made my forts very claustrophobic
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-02-2022 at 08:25 PM..