Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 04:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Clearing the pet cache is a great way to look at it. Also, it might help to put summoned pets into the equation. Breaking charm does the same thing as dismissing a magi pet, it clears the cache. Magi pet could do 90% dmg and be dismissed, and the dismissed pet won't gain 50% xp. It's poofed into void.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pet damage resets after a break... so the concrete evidence could be a wandering pal in say, oasis that sees the mob(s) almost dead and decides to help you out, slapping it for like 10pts of damage for the kill. Thus, they get the xp, because all the pet damage is zeroed out.
Ohh I like this science and evidence based smack.

The reason I made this post, is because I am the woman in this gif and I need the community to smack some sense into me.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh no, I just thought, in your quote, how do we know they aren't sharing exp with the NPC that just doesn't loot the corpse cus its an NPC and they dont have consciousness [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

See, I'm crazy.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

It is true,

fighting rooted mob
charm breaks
re-charm pet
attack mob
root breaks....

Mob gonna run to you, not the pet!

So this makes me inclined to think breaking the charm is enough to wipe the data from the mob that a pet even attacked it at all?
Old 08-22-2020, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
--once charm is off, you're golden - kill the lower hp mob first
I cant wait to have the confidence to do this once again, instead of tieing an arm around my back every time I break a pet.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yup, now stack that knowledge of lvl 4 mez with a high memblur... and you can mez > tash > slow > dot > mez (hoping for a blur)

You can con some non kos mobs after the 2nd mez to see if it landed or not... its pretty high.
Also, yeah, some ench prefer not to use root because pbaoe stuns and mez-blur is so effective.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Mez at low level seems to blur 100% lol I was exploiting it constantly with my green chanter. I never remembered it being a reliable blur, but its reliable as EFF up to 29 so far haha

Im one of those "non rooters" in group situations (at least at these pre 50s levels), I always mez when something gets on me because it blurs like 99% of the time, and it has definitely saved me more than rooting has.

I've survived a very agro mob with a clutch mez at 1% and then it turns to the tank that it wasn't paying attention to, to more than a few times in Unrest haha

Nothing feels better than seeing something that wont get off you, turn around right after a mez land when you're at .01% hp as you slowly creep backwards haha

It seems counter intuitive to mez somehting that 4 people are attacking but it works! sometimes that 1 last round is enough to kill you, often when you're like 2 rounds from 0 hps as a low level caster haha
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-22-2020 at 05:39 PM..
Old 08-23-2020, 02:28 AM
Sarnak

mez from behind is 100% memblur, but i dont have data to back it up besides my personal experience. mainly noticed this in mistmoore since most of the mobs there give a convenient agro text. even aoe mez, when cast on a group from back arch, would trigger the whole groups' agro text. maybe its related to level difference between caster and target, but im only lvl40

if you stay out of agro range and are in back arch casting aoe mez, enjoy being even more OP than everyone thought
Last edited by unleashedd; 08-23-2020 at 02:31 AM..
Old 08-23-2020, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mez from behind is 100% memblur, but i dont have data to back it up besides my personal experience. mainly noticed this in mistmoore since most of the mobs there give a convenient agro text. even aoe mez, when cast on a group from back arch, would trigger the whole groups' agro text. maybe its related to level difference between caster and target, but im only lvl40

if you stay out of agro range and are in back arch casting aoe mez, enjoy being even more OP than everyone thought
I wonder if its just from a distance? (out of aggro radius) Im so used to watching NPC's flip around 180 when i mez them to easily identify a blur? But Ill pay attention to consistency from behind vs forward to see what I see.
Closed Thread