Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 03:27 AM
Sarnak

It's like a shadow knight without the hybrid penalty, better mana regen and more powerful spells, more powerful pet, but with lower AC and combat skills. I don't think people playing bone knights are interested in maximizing their performance, it's a fun new playstyle in a 20,000 year old goblin sim.

Not to say one is better than the other (sk and necro), and clearly a traditional necromancer build is "better" than a bone knight at or near max level, but the difference between a bone knight and a traditional necro at 60 is like 20 dex instead of 20 int, easy to just switch up playstyles.. And I think the leveling experience of being a melee bone master is pretty fun.

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 03-15-2021, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

In the same sense, you could make a case for battle clerics. Paladins aren't really in a group because of their "awesome damage" (sorry Naethyn), just their tanking ability.

Clerics obviously have all of the same aggro spells... but with better HP buffs and still the ability to wear plate and have decent AC. With their ability to also be undead wizards, I tip my hat to their versatility <3
Old 03-15-2021, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Clerics are great CCers too with their range of stuns, fears, roots, lulls and memblurs. It’s quite fun being able to tell adds to just calm down and go home!
Old 03-15-2021, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

Yeah I was thinking post-Velious of trying to make a battle cleric too which good dex gear + proc weapons combined with cleric spells could be a lot of fun, and versatile. If nothing else, would probably be a more interesting leveling experience then healing and medding.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:45 AM
Banned

in this thread we pretend playing classes poorly is fun
(LOL)
Old 03-15-2021, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

We actually aren't pretending and are actually having fun - I wonder if you've ever imagined that people can have fun doing things that you find unfun. If you don't have anything to contribute aside from belittling then why even bother posting? Don't you have something better to do with your time and energy?

I wish you maturity my friend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2021, 11:21 AM
Banned

guys check out this totally new way to play
(LOL)
Old 03-15-2021, 04:33 PM
Aviak

Default Literally has a troll avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxarcule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We actually aren't pretending and are actually having fun - I wonder if you've ever imagined that people can have fun doing things that you find unfun. If you don't have anything to contribute aside from belittling then why even bother posting? Don't you have something better to do with your time and energy?

I wish you maturity my friend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look who you're replying to... he literally has a troll as an avatar. The guy is a goof and just trying to rile people up.
Old 03-15-2021, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guys check out this totally new way to play
(LOL)
Can't believe I agree. I've been fascinated how many people think this play style was created by OP
Old 03-15-2021, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Wait till y'all get a load of my Boned Knight, an SK that only uses spells!
Closed Thread