Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 07:07 PM
Orc

Default Who needs teal

Bristlebane be praised, mischief is coming
Old 04-26-2021, 07:18 PM
Aviak

I kinda like knowing what mobs drop what.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kinda like knowing what mobs drop what.
Sounds very un classic
Old 04-26-2021, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

It's an interesting idea, I'll give them that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds very un classic
Giving out items on random mobs still way more classic to me than giving them out as rewards to people who sit in line long enough waiting for them. At least with the random mobs you still have to need some luck and effort; with /list, P99 gives items (so good they were removed from the game) to people who didn't play the game (or sleep) for days at a time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-26-2021, 08:13 PM
Orc

Right? This is more CLASSIC than P99. You dont know what to camp or where you should be. Going to be more fun than whatever you people are doing over here
Old 04-26-2021, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly right, the player knowledge of EQ is what prevents P99 from being the game from '99. Who cares how finely tuned a server is when every player knows the loot table from every mob, and the fight strategy for every raid?

I havent tried a TLP, will they have the old school UI? Are the TLP servers still inundated with the scores of ridiculous windows/features that no one needs?
Old 04-26-2021, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is exactly right, the player knowledge of EQ is what prevents P99 from being the game from '99. Who cares how finely tuned a server is when every player knows the loot table from every mob, and the fight strategy for every raid?

I havent tried a TLP, will they have the old school UI? Are the TLP servers still inundated with the scores of ridiculous windows/features that no one needs?
Yes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2021, 11:19 PM
Orc

You can close UI windows.... Its really not that complicated
Old 04-26-2021, 11:23 PM
Banned

Yeah it's playable.

Tbh if ur really dying to explore zones and expacs after velious this seems OK.

I really wanted to get into endgame live EQ, contemporary expac personally. Couldn't make it tho. Found it lonely. Client was a bit too buggy for me personally.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:38 AM
Sarnak

Good idea but what's with the aggressive timeline. One month for classic then two months for Kunark then 2 or 3 months for every expansion after that. LOL I'd still be levelling in Befallen when PoP opens.
Closed Thread