Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumamgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Provide some data to back up your claims.

For starters, what class and race are you?

What level are you?

What con/level are the mobs you are killing?
I'm just going to say this. I really appreciate the work that's being done by the developers, etc, I know it's a job with very little gratification... when something goes good very little thanks but when something is bad the flood gates open and I do understand that. But ... as we proved with the bat wings, sometimes changes were made on judgement calls and we as players are forced to dig up data to back our claims.. where was the information to base these harsh xp penalties from? I mean, the exp is crazy slow.. the server has been up since October and why the need to change it now? It has only upset people, it hasn't caused a more "classic" feel to the game, and I just really don't understand why/what made this change come other than to be a bigger headache for all of us when we were already enjoying the game quite well as it was before. Like I said, I'm not trying to attack anyone for the work they're doing, it just seems there is more negative impact than for what its worth and a lot of the changes were made on assumptions rather than proof as well. Furthermore, after reading your initial post, you claimed hell levels would soak up group experience as well. I looked and looked and found no claim to that ever, it was solely race/class based that ate up experience that they mentioned. Not only do the class penalties hurt, but if hell levels are in fact soaking up exp, people will be less inclined to invite say a 45 Troll SK. I understand this can help out close knit friends who level together, however, at this stage in the game they are far and few between. I am saying this without trying to offend anyone like I pointed out above but it seems some of these changes were made without the proof that players are now expected to dig up just to get it changed back to what it was before the changes were made. All this is going to do is make druids/necros/mages/enchanters/shamans more inclined to solo, let rangers/monks/bards have a hell of a time finding groups, and everyone resent every SK/Pal twink that was made because they are so much better at holding aggro than a warrior when there's no other warrior online to tank for that group. I, unlike others I'm sure, will continue digging onto webpages from the past just to get some clarification but if some changes aren't being made to make it 100% classic, I feel very strongly that this was one of those changes that maybe shouldn't have been made either.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Aviak

I got less than a yellow in just under 2 hours in a MM castle group that was VERY efficient and skilled last night. We killed fast. Everyone was within 4 levels of each other (lowest was 31, I was 32, highest was 35).

We did have a bard and SK in the group. If having a bard and SK in the group rapes the rate of exp gain that much, then it's going to be hard to justify grouping.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Aviak

Classic has alot of flaws and alot of things were changed but the developers rae here to make it as classic as possible the good and the bad. It sucks that its gonna take awhile to catch my friends up to my character now but its their server and this what they want to do with it.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by holkan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic has alot of flaws and alot of things were changed but the developers rae here to make it as classic as possible the good and the bad. It sucks that its gonna take awhile to catch my friends up to my character now but its their server and this what they want to do with it.
I can understand that, however, one dev has already said to the public he will not alter pet class experience gains because he's in favor of solo/boxing. With this change, its going to force the best DPS right now to solo more and further cripple groups. If one change is made to experience, I would strongly urge both for the sake of balance and classic .. or just revert back and keep it how things were before everyone's panties got twisted up in a bunch.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogmog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can understand that, however, one dev has already said to the public he will not alter pet class experience gains because he's in favor of solo/boxing. With this change, its going to force the best DPS right now to solo more and further cripple groups. If one change is made to experience, I would strongly urge both for the sake of balance and classic .. or just revert back and keep it how things were before everyone's panties got twisted up in a bunch.

While I dont like the change either, maybe people should just focus less on the exp bar and more on playing the game. I have a lvl 50 char now and I dont even really log on because theres really nothing to do on him I'd love to raid, but since the mobs can spawn round the clock its kind of inconvenient to raid at 4am or not know when to log on. If anything it taking longer to get to 50 will make the game more of a time sink so I dont get burned out as fast with nothing to do.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogmog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, and it's not just DPS. Other than mages and necros, enchanters and druids will also be better off soloing rather than grouping with hybrids.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you'll probably reply with some knee-jerk "You dont remember classic" reply, but believe me, I 3-box-power-leveled characters on Ebay during classic to pay for my first car.
cool story bro
Old 07-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by holkan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I dont like the change either, maybe people should just focus less on the exp bar and more on playing the game. I have a lvl 50 char now and I dont even really log on because theres really nothing to do on him I'd love to raid, but since the mobs can spawn round the clock its kind of inconvenient to raid at 4am or not know when to log on. If anything it taking longer to get to 50 will make the game more of a time sink so I dont get burned out as fast with nothing to do.
I personally have not tested exp gain yet because of lack of time. However, that isn't really fair of an argument. If exp rates really are not correct and should be reverted, then they should be. When the game is about getting experience and loot, it's kind of hard not to focus on the exp bar.

To me, each level is a new "high", especially as a bard with new songs and new toys to try out. If you get burned out due to nothing to do at 50 and like to just "play the game", start a new character. To some people, this exp change might just burn them out because of the grind. However, if this is truly classic, then keep it in.
Prexus/Mithaniel Marr:
Arkis Truefire - 60th Paladin, retired
Old 07-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally have not tested exp gain yet because of lack of time. However, that isn't really fair of an argument. If exp rates really are not correct and should be reverted, then they should be. When the game is about getting experience and loot, it's kind of hard not to focus on the exp bar.

To me, each level is a new "high", especially as a bard with new songs and new toys to try out. If you get burned out due to nothing to do at 50 and like to just "play the game", start a new character. To some people, this exp change might just burn them out because of the grind. However, if this is truly classic, then keep it in.

Oh I agree , but I highly doubt they would mess with XP to such an extent without it being classic or having a VERY strong notion that it is indeed classic and have no intent on reverting it. I too am a really min max guy (only wanting to level in the best xp spots chain pull etc) and maybe I'm being biased since I already have a character at the cap, but having it there and having nothing to do really makes me appreciate the leveling process and want it to take a bit longer really on my next character around.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Banned

Great, now people can't group or raid.

Classic iz the best evah.
Closed Thread