Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind that some of those 'purists' who started in October and have a character at 50 (such as myself) leveled *slower* than they would have otherwise, due to experience not being correctly averaged out.

EQ isn't well-suited for rushing to the top anyway. If you want that, you're playing the wrong game. There's practically nothing fun to do at 50 (unless you like sitting on Nagafen's spawn point for 12 hour shifts), hence why some of those guys have multiple 50's to begin with. Don't expect Kunark to fix that issue, either, because it won't.

Danth
This is a good point I have a 50 and I hardly log on it anymore so it taking longer to get to level isn't necessarily a bad thing especially with kunark so far away.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's practically nothing fun to do at 50
at 50, you have/can get the resources to twink out your alts
Old 07-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Guess its back to soloing light blues and greens cuz no one will want a ranger, I will still get from 40 to 50 before kunark but its gonna be a close call!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
There's practically nothing fun to do at 50 (unless you like sitting on Nagafen's spawn point for 12 hour shifts), hence why some of those guys have multiple 50's to begin with. Don't expect Kunark to fix that issue, either, because it won't.
I def. disagree Danth. Kunark is an enormous expansion. Yes capping max level may only take a month (and beyond for some) I don't know if i need to illustrate Kunarks content to the community to make the point that if you run out of stuff to do, you're not looking very hard!

I will give you this though, I fully plan on doing Kunark content on a twinked character so a lot of the content I'm thinking of isn't 50 friendly.

edit: i need to get out of fohguild.org anger mode
Last edited by azeth; 07-01-2010 at 12:17 PM..
Old 07-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

I fully expect it to take me more than two weeks to do 50-60. If I'm remembering correctly, the level curve for 50-60 was roughly the same as for the entirety of 1-49 or something to that effect. Beyond leveling, Kunark has about one and a half dedicated raid zones (VP and the harder portion of Sky), a fair number of random targets elsewhere, and...not much more. For the number of guilds active on P99, that's not a whole lot to keep them occupied, though the increased number of static spawns may preclude the 'camp it' mentality that's so plagued the high-end scene on P99 thus far.

That being said, if you disagree with my assessment, no problem. We're talking in fairly relative terms anyhow so I fully respect an opposing viewpoint. Particularly Kunark is a good time for those players who enjoyed kunark-style features (iksars, etc).

Danth
Old 07-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Some folks made decisions on what class/race to play based on exp penalties. My decision was related in part to that, I was dissuaded from going Troll or Ogre because of the penalty. If that penalty doesn't exist or is broken -- then anybody who picked a race or class based on what we know about those penalties from classic was wrong.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 07-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I fully expect it to take me more than two weeks to do 50-60. If I'm remembering correctly, the level curve for 50-60 was roughly the same as for the entirety of 1-49 or something to that effect. Beyond leveling, Kunark has about one and a half dedicated raid zones (VP and the harder portion of Sky), a fair number of random targets elsewhere, and...not much more. For the number of guilds active on P99, that's not a whole lot to keep them occupied, though the increased number of static spawns may preclude the 'camp it' mentality that's so plagued the high-end scene on P99 thus far.

That being said, if you disagree with my assessment, no problem. We're talking in fairly relative terms anyhow so I fully respect an opposing viewpoint. Particularly Kunark is a good time for those players who enjoyed kunark-style features (iksars, etc).

Danth
Just because there aren't dedicated raid zones doesn't mean there isn't much to do...Epics, dragon raids, VP key, VP, spell farming, faction, etc...there is tons more to do in Kunark than there was in old world....and even in old world, unless you are satisfied with just having a bare bones lvl 50 there was tons to do.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

you know whats not classic?
being able to link items in EQ
this is unacceptable.

*sarcasm off*

this sorta sucks cause never before had I been rejected to groups like this.
this made me very sad
and lonely...
but its what the devs want, suppose they cant make everyone happy..

well... off to soloing things.. n stuff

/sad cheer
Old 07-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Large Bat

Both Hybrids and players in hell levels are going to be completely ostracized from most pick-up groups with this code in. It's already happening. Especially hell level players.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this quote is funny cause all the "Purists" Already have a 50 or multiple 50s cause this server has been out almost a year with the xp the other way. So why change it so late? I just started here as well and I don't remember exactly how fast I leveled the first time around. It does feel slower, but why punish the new player population when there are already so many max levels on the server?
Wait what?

Maybe I am drunk or something, but it seems your contradict yourself.
Closed Thread