Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Kobold

No one is whining about slower exp gain. At least, I'm not. I'm just pointing out a miscalculation from group level disparity... if that's even the source... as my testing did not involve hybrid classes or racial modifiers at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumamgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suggest seeking more level appropriate challenges.
White, yellow, blue and red cons were the targets. Grouping with someone even marginally higher than yourself (1-3 levels) is now completely nonviable with the current changes, and I suggest almost every class solo or duo with an even level person for regular experience rates.
Last edited by Aeolwind; 07-01-2010 at 03:14 PM..
Old 07-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivoli [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't understand why Inglourios Basterds can troll, rant, flame, bitch whatever they want and the admins even try to justify it afterwards.

I'm puzzled.
I didn't justify anything. They're both douche bags and climbing in the middle of a personal quarrel in this thread isn't going to help me answer peoples questions and concerns.

Tempers are hot amongst the natives over this. Some steam venting is expected, but keep trolling and you'll be unable to defend your position.

Back on topic: How about getting us some solo & grouped data on what you're seeing. If you got the balls, time and inclination I can climb on test and even spawn mobs for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Last edited by Aeolwind; 07-01-2010 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: Damnit, why am I having issues with their and they're today
Old 07-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a big thing people may have forgotten/never knew is that that penalty wasn't given to the hybrid, it was destroyed, gone for good. No one got that XP...well 'cept maybe the server.
that doesn't seem to agree with this
Quote:
As such, a level 20 Troll SK, having more experience total than a Human Wizard of the same level, would get more experience from each kill, while the total experience for the kill was unchanged. Essentially, the SK would take part of the Wizard's share were everything distributed equally to begin with.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/edit...rs_letter.html
Old 07-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Now, back on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a big thing people may have forgotten/never knew is that that penalty wasn't given to the hybrid, it was destroyed, gone for good. No one got that XP...well 'cept maybe the server.
That makes perfect sense now -- when the server would ding, it would crash to go get its new spells [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe if you spent more time with your wife, you'd have something better to do with your time Alawen.
Looks like Dark Ascension is duping their insults now too.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That makes perfect sense now -- when the server would ding, it would crash to go get its new spells [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sweet! I can finally scribe "Endure DDOS!!"
Old 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

ok lets say you have a full group of 6..... 4 people with no mod, then say a ranger and bard both with -40% mods.... if a mob was worth 100 points... it would be worth 110 after the group bonus, then split evenly amoung the group? which before it would have been 18.3 for non penetly's and 11 for hybrids. so now they take the new total, and divide it evenly? so now hybrids get a bonus when grouping but bring down the xp as a whole. each member should get 15.8? does my jibber jabber make any sense? so that 100pt mob in the new group with the group bonus is worth 95.2?
Old 07-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time to stash the Troll SK methinks
Not at all dude. I don't know why Hybrids are so upset, your class's just got BUFFED!!!! Lol, your exp penalties are nerfed by SOOO much in groups now because you steal more of EXP. Its actually EASIER to level a Hybrid now then it was last week. People are ALWAYS going to need certain class's regardless of the exp mods.

For example, there is NOT enough Tanks on this server, and I would say 75% of them are SK / Pallys just because everyone says they hold aggro better then Warriors.

When a group is looking for a Tank, its not going to matter what class you are, as long as you CAN Tank. Now you might be moved behind Warriors now because of the EXP split, some people might say "Well, We handle the War losing aggro here and there cause we want more EXP". But all thats doing is just switching spots with how Warriors have been this whole time. Most groups would have taken an SK / Pally tank over a Warrior pre-patch, now it "MAY" be the opposite where well take a Warrior over a SK / Pally.

But regardless of which class a group "prefers" a Tank is a Tank, and Tanks are always needed, so who cares if you have to wait a few more mins to find a group, your STILL going to get one because your STILL needed. And when you do, your going to be leveling faster anyway. Hell, I am considering making an SK now just because of this BUFF.
Last edited by VincentVolaju; 07-01-2010 at 03:53 PM..
Old 07-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not at all dude. I don't know why Hybrids are so upset, your class's just got BUFFED!!!! Lol, your exp penalties are nerfed by SOOO much in groups now because you steal more of EXP. Its actually EASIER to level a Hybrid now then it was last week. People are ALWAYS going to need certain class's regardless of the exp mods.
what about rangers?