Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Aviak

Default Fastest way to level?

What is the best class/race as well as the fastest way to get lvls on this server? been playing a total of 9 hours already and im only lvl 5 and i see people playing 1 hour adn getting lvl 9? wtf! any help would be appreciated
Old 07-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

If you have plat you can level a new toon to 5 or 6 on about 24 Crushbone Belts in Kaladim (hand them in to Canloe Nusback (?) in the Warrior Guild) for 12-24 plat, but if you don't have plat you're SOL... you didn't mention class and race (and locale) so if you do that peeps might have more specific advice for you... once you hit 4-5 you can do orc hill in GFaydark and gather belts free but by that time they don't have much bang for the buck.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaneksniper26 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the best class/race as well as the fastest way to get lvls on this server? been playing a total of 9 hours already and im only lvl 5 and i see people playing 1 hour adn getting lvl 9? wtf! any help would be appreciated
they either did quest turnins or had a level 50 druid following them around
Old 07-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaneksniper26 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you sure you're not seeing people that are twinked, or buffed by a high level? That can make a world of a difference. Also, what class/race combo are you right now?
Old 07-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Aviak

well i was asking if there was a specific class race that makes it easier, especially for soloing. and No, im fresh to the server so i have no platinum =(
Old 07-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Aviak

i Did human monk
Old 07-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

People getting to level 9 in an hour are getting power leveled by high level players.

Level 5 in 9 hours seems about right for classic EQ. That's assuming you didn't spend any time talking to NPCs, exploring, getting lost, getting killed etc.

The fastest way to level is with a group of people of similar level to you. Stick with them. If somebody leaves the group be proactive and find a replacement. If you outl-evel the area take charge and tell them what area you should all move to together.

It's amazing how much you can accomplish in the game if you stick with a group.

Others will mention solo classes. But it's not actually the quickest, it just means you never have to be sitting around looking for group when there isn't one available.

If that's your preference then mage, and druid are probably the easiest classes to start with. I would say necro too but you sound like you're new to the game. If so, the faction issues might make it a stiff learning curve.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Aviak

mage or necro is fastest for soloing unless they fix the pet experience penalty
Old 07-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

When I started my main it took me almost as long to do level 1-5 as it did to go from 10-20. When you start with nothing and don't know anyone on the server, life can be tough. Especially when you're in halas and that damn Vengeful Soloist sneaks up and ganks you when you finally have that polar bear cub down to 10% health.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Aviak

thanks for quick feedback guys, im thinking about making a halfing warrior, will the better exp be noticeable?
Closed Thread