Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Orc

Actually, just went off and found this thread, so i'm gonna see if it can't answer all meh questions, or maybe get some other people thinking again.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...hlight=2boxing
Old 07-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Aviak

what is the procedure for reporting multiboxers? do you need proof (and in what form?) or is it enough to give you the character names and then you can investigate?
Old 07-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider this.

There is no warning for multi boxing. It is a permanent ban. So don't think "Oh I'll get away with it until they warn/suspend me then won't do it again". Nope.

So ask yourself how much you value your accounts.
This in itself should tell everyone what they need to know.

I do have a question though, Me personally I do not box, hence why I made my Necro so I can twink my main out in the future and not need to box. But ..... I run a Tri PC setup here and I know each PC has a seperate IP and there not even close to each other. What stops a person from doing this? The reason I ask is if I have to play fair everyone else should have to also but with seperate IPs they can prolly pull it off if they do things to look real to others like an occassional chat or /say afk few minutes and sticking to you ... that sorta thing because I have seen stuff like this.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Aviak

Just /petition their names and why you believe they are boxing. If you have screen shots of them admitting to the boxing even better. Make a petition on here and upload your screen shot to photobucket or one of those sites than link it in the petition.

Gotta remember a lot of people get reported for boxing that are not boxing. Hard to tell if someone is boxing without watching them for an hour or more to be for sure that one person is controlling both chars. Some people get around it by boxing characters in different zones. Once they try to take named camps with both chars it is easier to catch. To the Original Poster. REPORT those people or at least tell me their names. Please send those screenshots and report them. They are so arrogant and stupid they just log on their 50 box cleric and rez the group, and none of you reported this? Have some morals and report this brah.

I have gotten 6 people well 3 boxers banned. One of them was a 50enc/50mage duo in a big raiding guild. I am proud of helping to stop the cheaters! You should help too. Most of the time it looks like boxing, and I report the people. Than I still see them online and i say ooo I guess they weren't boxing or haven't been caught yet. It is very hard for a gm to know for sure someone is boxing, but when they do catch them it is Wonderful!

My brother and I play together sometimes. We have been reported for boxing. But neither of us have ever boxed or played the others character at all. So people are reporting people they think box. It just always isn't the case. But worth reporting if you see something fishy. If you don't report when they actually tell you they are logging on their other char and don't log off the first. You are as bad as them...
Last edited by hueylewis187; 07-03-2010 at 12:56 PM..
Old 07-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Agreed, report the players, just because your report them does NOT mean you are auto banning them, I am sure they will be looked at hard before action is taken and if your wrong then they are not banned and you just made sure they were legit. Still though the question I asked has me curious also though.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider this.

There is no warning for multi boxing. It is a permanent ban. So don't think "Oh I'll get away with it until they warn/suspend me then won't do it again". Nope.

Alright, one other question then.. how many accounts are people allowed to have if they're only playing one at a time? Also, can accounts be shared between people like guilds having a cleric everyone logs on, etc? Basically, is it all legit if one person is playing one account at any given moment?

I'm just trying to be sure I don't break any rules and I know when someone else is breaking the account rules.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Consider this.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Consider this.

I know us in IB has peitioned about Nizzarr multiboxing multiple times and nothing has been done about it so yeah u can get away with it very easily even if ppl do petition you
Old 07-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because they're not getting caught. I'd report them if I were in your shoes. Who cares if they're "popular". I'd report my own mother if I discovered she was breaking the rules on this server. Then I'd kick her in the face, too, and call her a whore.
You're mother's a whore Trebek! lol
Old 07-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svampefarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I boxed without getting caught, it was nice.

It's like training people, just train smart.
I hope you realize that they can easily figure out your accounts based on your source IP from the posts on these forums dude.
Closed Thread