Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 03:06 AM
Large Rat

Default Enchanter Diety?

Just wanted a little bit of light shed on something for me. Is it importent to any extent to be agnostic as an enchanter? I've seen many times looking at quests and posts on them such as the stein of maggok of people saying "and yes I am agnostic" in a manner that seems it's kind if expected or obvious that's the alignment you should be. Can anyone elaborate a little bit on why An enchanter should align that way, or/and the negatives to being anything but agnostic?
Old 07-05-2010, 03:09 AM
Sarnak

Well, in classic EQ - in spite of illusions, various deities may make you KOS to certain factions.

Many opt to go Agnostic to eliminate that issue.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:12 AM
Sarnak

Your faction with many NPC groups is modified by your choice or race and religion. When an enchanter uses an illusion spell, he temporarily replaces his racial faction modifier with that of the race he is illusioned as. However, his religion based faction modifier is still present. If a certain group is sufficiently biased against a certain religion, say High Elves vs Innoruuk, then your illusion might not be enough to bring you out of KOS status, or at least, not bring you all the way to indifferent, you might still be dubious or apprehensive, which might prevent you from doing a quest turn in, or buying/selling at a merchant. If an enchanter is agnostic, he can become indifferent in any city with the appropriate illusion spell.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:30 AM
Sarnak

Service to Innoruuk is its own reward.

(my enchanter's agnostic, and I regret it)
Old 07-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Large Rat

Thx for the great reply Dumesh, that was very informative and much appreciated. So on that note is there any other reason diety would matter for enchanter that would matter long term?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Orc

No I dont think so. I made an Enchanter on live and had a hell of a time completing the quests involving Neriak and the DE's because i picked karana. It's like i freaking had a religious tattoo on my forehead the illusion couldn't hide.

Long story short, cost me a lot of deaths having the religion and forgetting about it when illusioning that i went out of my way to max my faction with the dark elves to max ally on live.

From what I remember there was no benefit to picking that religion. Not even religious based quests or items (played till gates) so I think your just shooting yourself in the foot unless you want a religion for role play purposes.

I am not sure if the religion helped me at all with any other factions that I would have been kos with or something but i think agnostic would have more than made up for it.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Aviak

go agnostic
Old 07-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Aviak

I agree, agnostic. No benefits to deities as a chanter, only downsides.
Closed Thread