Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Fire Giant

Fading Memories.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Orc

While Cannibalize was powerful for a Shaman, having to recover the lost HPs limited it's effectiveness, particularly when you had to worry about low health aggro on top of your aggro for healing and debuffing. Shaman healing was deliberately weaker and less efficient than the other priest classes.

Torpor was truly the single most powerful spell ever given to the Shaman. While it had negative effects (slowing and snaring hte target), the fact that you were recovering 300 HPs a tick for 4 ticks for a tiny amount of mana greatly enhanced a Shaman's capabilities. Cannibalizing became the absolute best mana regen in the game, even better than KEI. With Canni and a torpor-series spell, I could handle main healing in groups as well or better than a cleric with KEI and often would take over healing while the cleric went to get a crack hit, even though I didn't have a KEI. A good Shaman almost never ran out of mana, regardless of buffs.

Another powerful spell was Malo. A huge resist debuff that always landed and had very little aggro? It was literally the first spell I cast in incoming, each and every single time. Not only did it make Turgur's Insects more likely to land, it also helped with Damage spells (DD or DoTs) and root whenever I needed to park a mob off to the side until the group was ready to kill it. If I were playing a Shaman main again, Malo would be my second highest priority, after Torpor, for spells to acquire in Kunark.
Last edited by Kerrik; 06-11-2010 at 12:56 PM..
Old 06-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMagic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was the FIRST thing I tried to do when I got Minor Illusion here on P99, was to try and turn into the giant pile of poo -- but alas - it doesn't work on P99! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] On Live, I would spin when people walk by, freaked them right out - and Halflings look as though they are neck deep in it when they stand in your illusion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aww man - this should be bugged.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aww man - this should be bugged.
DX issue. The poo is no longer an object I don't think. =(. Minor illusion draws from a list in the zone of potential forms & sadly, poo isn't a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DX issue. The poo is no longer an object I don't think. =(. Minor illusion draws from a list in the zone of potential forms & sadly, poo isn't a choice.
Either way, I've tried Minor Illusion in a few zones and never had it work. And the poo is still there in West Freeport, you can see it on the ground. But nothing happens. So even though it's there, it must not be an object like you said Aeol.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another powerful spell was Malo. A huge resist debuff that always landed and had very little aggro? It was literally the first spell I cast in incoming, each and every single time. Not only did it make Turgur's Insects more likely to land, it also helped with Damage spells (DD or DoTs) and root whenever I needed to park a mob off to the side until the group was ready to kill it. If I were playing a Shaman main again, Malo would be my second highest priority, after Torpor, for spells to acquire in Kunark.
Unfortunately Malo is bugged on P1999 and has just as high, if not higher aggro than Slow.

My contribution: CoH for Mages. Summon Corpse for Necros.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

complete heal
Old 06-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Orc

CH followed very closely by Defensive
Old 06-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Aviak

Sword of the Bloodsworn and Copper Hammer of Striking auged.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human Shadowknight
Oddkin
Darkelf Necromancer
Old 06-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

Feign Death, SK or Death's Peace in Kunark.
Closed Thread