Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 11:54 PM
Fire Giant

Default Has anyone ever tried to farm Solist's Icy Wand?

Title. I started a wizard recently but figured I could use my magician to farm the heck out of Kurn's and try to acquire that wand, as well as a Skull of Torture.

I've never really played much in Kurn's to be honest though, primarily because it's always been so out of the way for the vast majority of my characters and have just been kinda discouraged for that reason. So I don't really have any experience farming the place. This is also on the Green server where the tower seems to be regularly populated, and my 41 mage is struggling not to walk on anyone's toes there. So I figured I could just stick with the basement and kill the badgerfolk there.

Was just wondering if anyone's had much luck actively farming that before, and what they did to get it.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

I understand that is a super rare zone drop. Friends who have soloed 4 or 5 iksars to the high teens there have never seen one.

They sell on blue for like 1-1.2k. Even on green I would farm anything with the mage, even vendor fodder before I’d go down that path I think. Buy it, hit high 20’s and sell it.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:41 AM
Fire Giant

It's super super rare, you can totally 'camp' it. It drops off the higher leveled skeletons; icebone,charbone. It's pretty cheap to buy though, you'd save yourself a ton of time by farming the plat and buying it instead.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-07-2021, 12:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's super super rare, you can totally 'camp' it. It drops off the higher leveled skeletons; icebone,charbone. It's pretty cheap to buy though, you'd save yourself a ton of time by farming the plat and buying it instead.
It doesn't drop off the Burynai Excavators like the wiki says it does? I figured I would have an okay chance at it if I just went on a basement killing spree. Otherwise if it's only the skeletons, I'm not sure I would want to keep my 41 mage stealing exp from the lowbies in here.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:08 AM
Fire Giant

Maybe, I've seen it once off an icebone, after 40 or 50+ hours in the zone.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-07-2021, 01:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe, I've seen it once off an icebone, after 40 or 50+ hours in the zone.
Ah gotcha. I'll try for a little bit in the basement/tunnels, where there are lots of badgerfolk and not as many people leveling, and hope for the best. Otherwise if it's only an upper floor skeleton drop I'll probably just farm the cash and buy it. I'd feel like a dick taking skeletons away from lowbies.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:45 AM
Sarnak

Echoing others, this is too rare to intentionally camp.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by beel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Echoing others, this is too rare to intentionally camp.
Yup, the more I think about it, the better off I would probably be just camping a HG spawn for a few hours and acquiring the 1k or so needed to buy it.

Thanks everyone.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Np dude , sorry to rain on your parade, just the way things go sometimes.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-07-2021, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Np dude , sorry to rain on your parade, just the way things go sometimes.
Naw, totally understandable. I appreciate the honesty, it would be far better than spending days in there with delusions.

Plus after a literal 8+ hour camp of the Cook trying to get a Skull of Torture last night with no luck, I think the game is telling me my luck is not up to par for this place. xD
Closed Thread