Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 01:09 AM
Fire Giant

Cool Proposal: NAKED transfers/copies to blue w/donation?

The only reason I saw for disallowing transfers was due to economy manipulation. Well, what if we eliminate that by only transferring NO DROP items (no pp) and donate to the project for time spent?

It's not that the economy even cares to buy resist/red gear (Heck, I paid 25k for lure ice), but I'm happy to give it all up just to allow the only level 60 I've ever had to experience end-game content since Red is dead and abandoned. I doubt I'll ever get the chance to get lvl 60 with another character again as RL leveling hinders EQ leveling.

No droppable items + no pp transferred == no issue? The only issue would be time spent if this isn't automated. That said, require a RLM donation per character? I just want my character + preferably no drop items (but naked would do I guess).
Last edited by mischief419; 09-20-2020 at 01:15 AM..
Old 09-20-2020, 01:36 AM
Sarnak

Lol trying to buy your self a transfer ��
Old 09-20-2020, 05:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy/sickpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol trying to buy your self a transfer ��
I mean heck, their only reason was economy f00ked. However, if I transfer without coin and droppables, what's left?

I'd preemptively catch the "well, it takes time" response since there's really no reason beyond that? Tbh, it should be offered for free since they sorta abandoned the server with 0 pop (I'm in a GMT+8 timezone, to make it worse). If all no drop items, it just prevents users from wasting precious time.
Last edited by mischief419; 09-20-2020 at 05:44 AM..
Old 09-20-2020, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

Still not viable. Can gear a char on red with many very hard to acquire no drops rapidly that are long lists/random/fte on blue.

On blue, people don't get BoBs and Lodi mask like its nothing. Drusilla, Angry Goblin etc incredibly desired and hard to get. Etc.

That's all before you bring up the number of idle decked in Velious/VP no drop items that outgear many common blue chars.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

Ok shit, what about the last resort: COMPLETELY naked? Just saves time to the personal user that made the mistake of playing on Red while it was still popular.

EDIT: Read that apparently devs don't consider the amount of time many of us invested in Red and denies all transfers: Even naked where it wouldn't affect anyone. Well, RIP my character that the devs essentially killed since you can't play EQ with 15 players [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] More essentially, RIP my time to try to access end game content to only have no players online because of server abandonment (I joined when Red opened and played over time - I don't have much time, hence why this is important to me since it took years for me to get 60).

I'm super appreciative of what the devs do, but the decision-making for Red for years has been beyond depressing when time is so valuable while we're not all 13 years old anymore when we can't even transfer a naked character for faults not of our own for the 0 server pop. I'd understand if it was 100% the community's fault or the user's fault, but it's not even close to that. I'm not trying to be a douche since the game's free, but at the same time, it's like offering free ice cream and ignoring the constant request to remove the fish flavor from what was told was vanilla.
Last edited by mischief419; 09-21-2020 at 09:34 AM..
Old 09-21-2020, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wasting precious time.
I highlighted the keywords in your post, you should have taken this into consideration when you rolled on RED, not sure when you started but you had plenty of chances to stop, the server officially died in 2016, what are you still doing there? You could have 4 years of progress on blue if you didn't waste your precious time.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

I think they should transfer all blue players to RED instead and enable perma death. Only the strong survive.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 09-21-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think they should transfer all blue players to RED instead and enable perma death. Only the strong survive.
I’ll pras it
Old 09-21-2020, 06:13 PM
Kobold

no blue isn't accepting transfers from ez server
Old 09-21-2020, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by conoutoftrol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no blue isn't accepting transfers from ez server
Lol prob best blue player post on a red server ever.

I completely agree tho. Red used to have a normal exp rate would totally not be fair to transfer even naked to blue seeing how you can prob get to 60 in 5 minutes on red.
Closed Thread