Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Social conservative, fiscal liberal
Old 03-07-2021, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, it's called "marxism"
Over 100 Million "served" last century
Old 03-07-2021, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Washington Blade would be a good name for a black actor

I miss Wesley snipes
Old 03-07-2021, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are right about billionaires. It’s very hard to destroy a system and the rights it confers based on extremes, however. We have a problem. Opioids, suicides, bullying, conspiratorial thinking. All of it is a loss of meaning. This won’t easily be fixed by simple financial or political “solutions.” It’s going to take greater depth of thought than that
This is the most retarded shit I've ever red on here. Bought the war on XYZ hooked lined and sinked.

Yikes.

Enjoy your retirement. Hope don't end up in an ALF or worse. Eat to prepare for your eventual decline and death at the hands of nurse Ratchet and liability law.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If UBI doesn't happen in our lifetime I hope I at least get to see the rich get guillotined, even if it takes 10,000 poors for every rich life like the French or Chinese revolutions.
I would prefer to see a more stable system. Where this didn't need to happen periodically and people who earn it can enjoy the fruits of their labor, those that don't, can live out their life in obscurity and relative unimportantance without bringing society, their families, and communities down with them.

Yet we all enable the rich to exploit and enable these people and hold us hostage.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would prefer to see a more stable system. Where this didn't need to happen periodically and people who earn it can enjoy the fruits of their labor, those that don't, can live out their life in obscurity and relative unimportantance without bringing society, their families, and communities down with them.

Yet we all enable the rich to exploit and enable these people and hold us hostage.
This assumes that the only thing required to fix the abject depravity of a heroin addict is just to give him enough money to afford a heroin addiction, nevermind the fact that he shits himself as he's nodding off and spreads shit everywhere around himself; too lazy and wantonly careless to do any different.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This assumes that the only thing required to fix the abject depravity of a heroin addict is just to give him enough money to afford a heroin addiction, nevermind the fact that he shits himself as he's nodding off and spreads shit everywhere around himself; too lazy and wantonly careless to do any different.
I never said give them money, heroine or freedom.

Seems like a good case for an monastery or reservation though. Perhaps some food that doesn't come from a vending machine or a plastic bag. And is low in sugar. Not fried.

Soylent powder and a work detail picking up trash and going to a school perhaps. If they are really f'd up and disabled, the other heroin addicts can take them for walks, PT. Lead a pilates course and have them sort, reclaim, and recycle trash.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-07-2021 at 06:08 PM..
Old 03-07-2021, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

So, to stop the social harms of these individuals ‘spreading shit’ everywhere (vandalising, petty crime?) you propose a camp concentrating all these addicts and deviants into one place, where their cost to society can be managed and minimised?

Old 03-07-2021, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said give them money, heroine or freedom.

Seems like a good case for an monastery or reservation though. Perhaps some food that doesn't come from a vending machine or a plastic bag. And is low in sugar. Not fried.

Soylent powder and a work detail picking up trash and going to a school perhaps. If they are really f'd up and disabled, the other heroin addicts can take them for walks, PT. Lead a pilates course and have them sort, reclaim, and recycle trash.
ah, the fiscally liberal, socially conservative poster.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, to stop the social harms of these individuals ‘spreading shit’ everywhere (vandalising, petty crime?) you propose a camp concentrating all these addicts and deviants into one place, where their cost to society can be managed and minimised?

Where they can have a chance at a healthy life with less suffering.

These folks deserve peace and comfort. They cannot possibly achieve it because modern civilization is beyond them. They are akin to the species left behind. Slaves emancipated but given no work.

Native Americans and booze.

We like to believe everyone is perfectly abled and can make the right choices.

I happen to personally know many people are not. That many people no matter how hard they try are so damaged and broken, or the generational abuse so deep.

Every time they will fail. They really can't even do the basic most decent thing and get their cigarettes in the ashtray. Or cook a healthy meal. Even if we provided absolutely everything.

I don't hate them. Don't want to torture them. Don't want to enable them. Or this incredibly stupid system That mass produces them in order to maintain a cheap throw away basic labor pool.

I believe the solution is in acknowledging reality. But that takes power away from kings, and freedom away from the sick.

It is the God, damned truth though.
Closed Thread