Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Many thanks for input guys and gals.... seems that favor goes to IFS..... but...

I've been testing both of these on Griffons and HGs, and I seem to be having smoother battles dual wielding addy/SoS.... wonder why that is?

Edit: using 24% haste btw....
Last edited by Malykor; 03-05-2021 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: Needed to add
Old 03-07-2021, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Addy has the stun proc with dd @50. Great for soloing for dmg reduction.

Dual wield is generally more consistent DPS, because more dice rolls will approach the dmg averages quicker than slower 2h rolls. With triple atk at 60, 2h gets a nice buff.

From what i can remember, I used peacekeeper for a long, long while on my monk until I was able to get endgame weapons. As mentioned previously, if youre feeling sweaty, after every "crush" damage you can take off the IFS and get some "punch" damage, then quickly re-equip the IFS. I occasionally use the Tstaff to mix it up for the stun proc and its decent dps.

As mentioned previously, 2h is good for soloing because it reduces the opportunity for the mob to riposte you; and if you're against a DS, it reduces the overall damage by reducing hit counts.
Last edited by fiveeauxfour; 03-07-2021 at 01:49 PM..
Old 03-08-2021, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not a Monk expert by any means, but I would guess IFS at your level. My reasoning is simply that dual wield is a skill, and that means lower skill = less offhand attacks. So unless level 40+ has the skill range at which dual wield starts really taking off, you should get better use out of a 2h weapon. Less ripostes from enemies too.
As an aside to the main topic, Monks max their Dual Wield for LIFE the earliest.. at level 35 (252)

Level * 7 + 7.

They are the kings of it ;D
Old 03-08-2021, 04:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveeauxfour [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As mentioned previously, 2h is good for soloing because it reduces the opportunity for the mob to riposte you...
Adding to this, your ripostes also hit harder.
Old 03-08-2021, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IFS esp if you are executing the off hand punches in between swings
How does this work? After I swing with IFS, remove it from inventory, wait a couple seconds, and equip it again?
Old 03-08-2021, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malykor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does this work? After I swing with IFS, remove it from inventory, wait a couple seconds, and equip it again?
Its less than a couple seconds.

Once you get the timing down its pretty easy to do it consistently.

Its super autism though. I used to do it in tight / sticky situations.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malykor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You only need to double click the staff roughly every 3.5 seconds - aka the off hand naked fist delay- (smaller interval if you are hasted). This double click quickly unequips the 2 hander allowing the offhand an attempt to swing.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

^^

Thanks....heh.... Gonna definitely give it a try. This is the first time I've heard of this.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
^^

Thanks....heh.... Gonna definitely give it a try. This is the first time I've heard of this.
It’s like the old bind wound trick. Way more effort than it’s worth imho. Sure you’ll benefit from it, but at what cost? Your enjoyment and sanity?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 03-09-2021, 05:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s like the old bind wound trick. Way more effort than it’s worth imho. Sure you’ll benefit from it, but at what cost? Your enjoyment and sanity?
Yeah I messed around with it yesterday, not worth the trouble IMO.
Closed Thread